X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Rareelectricguitars.com"

Hello.

I recently stumbled upon this website: www.rareelectricguitars.com

As you can see, they sell replicas of famous guitars to ridiculously low prices.

Does anyone know anything about this?

I mean, look: http://www.rareelectricguitars.com/J...ebird_359.html It probably a crap guitar but might be decent if you swap out the hardware, or what do you guys think?

I have contacted them if they have the firebird in stock but no answer so far. So my question is if anyone knows about the company, if its worth to put out an order?

Cheers!
    Mathias

They seem to be speaking a higher level variant of engrish. I assume that this is a Chinese company. Their "reviews" they have on their site seem to be bullshit. The photos of the guitars they offer I am 99% sure are the originals, not their work.

At your own risk!

Comment

It's probably the same CN company that makes all the fakes that you see showing up on ebay.

The domain is registered to someone in the US. A shill.

There's a good chance that this is one of the better known manufacturers because a CN company wouldn't need a shill unless it was already affiliated with a major brand name and needed to protect their status.

Yeah, definitely buy at your own risk. I assume the quality would be typical CN, which isn't really all that bad, but it's not really all that great either.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Tradetangish? You buy now, you no look round no more, buy!?
        I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
          The photos of the guitars they offer I am 99% sure are the originals, not their work.

At your own risk!
          They DEFINITELY 'borrowed' my pics and decsription from www.robbincrosby.net of Robbin's original guitar...and also kinda funny that they seem to mistake Marty Friedman as Robbin! They also totally mangled my description from rc.net....'altered the serial number to RA-195'

Bunch of ass clowns.
          Last edited by Hellraiser6502; 08-24-2012, 01:23 PM.
          Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellraiser6502 View Post
            They DEFINITELY 'borrowed' my pics and decsription from www.robbincrosby.net of Robbin's original guitar...and also kinda funny that they seem to mistake Marty Friedman as Robbin! They also totally mangled my description from rc.net....'altered the serial number to RA-195'

Bunch of ass clowns.
            I saw that too. They can't get the pics right. I'd use this site for a picture database but I would not trust them with my money.

Comment

Originally posted by kingV View Post
              Hello.

I recently stumbled upon this website: www.rareelectricguitars.com

As you can see, they sell replicas of famous guitars to ridiculously low prices.

Does anyone know anything about this?

I mean, look: http://www.rareelectricguitars.com/J...ebird_359.html It probably a crap guitar but might be decent if you swap out the hardware, or what do you guys think?

I have contacted them if they have the firebird in stock but no answer so far. So my question is if anyone knows about the company, if its worth to put out an order?

Cheers!
              Mathias

Dude, buy one and give us a review on how it is.
              -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

I lol'ed at their Sandoval Rhoads V's...

http://www.rareelectricguitars.com/R...Dot-V_114.html

It never ceases to shock me at home many people can't figure out how to properly space polka dots...
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                  I lol'ed at their Sandoval Rhoads V's...

http://www.rareelectricguitars.com/R...Dot-V_114.html

It never ceases to shock me at home many people can't figure out how to properly space polka dots...
                  I can only hope that's indicative of their overall build quality.

Comment

I wish they had an Eddie Ojeda bullseye
                    Jackson KV2
                    Jackson KE1T
                    Jackson KE1F
                    Jackson SL1

Comment

if you by one of r ereat evh specials you play so like evh!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv6wC...yer_detailpage

Comment

Ok, this website is a waste. A lot of the artist don't have guitars, or the person who they stole the picture from threatened to sue

Comment

I think you are correct Don.
                          I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Thanks for all the answers. Yeah I saw that they stole the description from robbincrosby.net

Im taking the risk, just paid for the firebird. Hope im not wasting my money.. Thats my dream guitar so I rather have a fake hanging on the wall than none at all

I might put up a review later, if the guitar actually arrives!

Comment

All the forum members should chip in like $5-$10 so we can buy one of these to raffle off.
                              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                              X