No announcement yet.

"Rareelectricguitars.com"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most all the knockoffs are pure crap, there are a few music stores where I live that sell this crap. I can keep an eye out for a firebird. Most of the Les Paurs are plywood and the actions are just crap. I actually found an exprorer that was pretty nice... but na, I would be better off buying the Epiphone
    Gear https://images.imgbox.com/e4/00/IxQywXkV_o.jpg

Comment

Some one told me that they saw a China copy of the Jim Root ( Slipnot ) Charvel Telecaster and it was pretty cool.. I guess there are knockoffs that are good? Anyone seen these?

Originally posted by LaoWai View Post
      Most all the knockoffs are pure crap, there are a few music stores where I live that sell this crap. I can keep an eye out for a firebird. Most of the Les Paurs are plywood and the actions are just crap. I actually found an exprorer that was pretty nice... but na, I would be better off buying the Epiphone

Comment

Hey King V, let me know if the guitar arrives and how it is. I tempted too.

Comment

i am debating ordering a jersey star. i always wanted one of those, but never had the cash when music yo was selling them....
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

They also have a "proper" Rhoads copy with the side selector switch

Comment

I looked at the site again, and I question if it's a secure website. So I clicked "Add to Basket" one of the Firebirds, and got the message "Sorry, the sales have been overdue".

If someone does use this site, please get some ID theft protection on the card they use!

Comment

Haha, just got a letter from "SHENG TANG WU"! Looks like it arrived after all.

I just need to pay customs before I can pick it up. I will give you a review as soon as I have the guitar.

Comment

That didn't take long!! I'm seriously considering either the firebird or concorde.

Comment

Nope, less than 2 weeks! I'm impressed. It seems to be meaningless to contact them though. I've sent them at least 3 emails with no answer.

Comment

I think they're all still too gobsmacked that someone actually bought one of their guitars
                      USA Jackson RR1
                      Charvel Model 6
                      Jackson Performer-2
                      Orange Dark Terror
                      EVH 5150 LBX
                      Hello Senòr

Comment

you want knock off stuff, go to taobao see

BTY its about 6.4 RMB to the buck
                        Gear https://images.imgbox.com/e4/00/IxQywXkV_o.jpg

Comment

Hurry up and tell us what it's like! Unless you have died with the shock of just how crap it is.

Comment

Here it is:

My first reaction was that it looks smaller than I expected. I've never seen a Jackbird IRL but I taught it would be bigger than this. Secondly it weighs almost nothing. It cannot be mahogany as said in the description.

The neck needs some serious adjustment. The action is way too low at the first 5 frets and way to high from the 12th fret. I hope its fixable.

Overall the guitar feels OK. I like the neck profile. The hardware and the floyd is a joke.

Can you tell what wood it is by this picture?

I have to go to a guitar workshop and see if its possible to adjust the neck, and if the wood is OK. If so I will swap out the hardware, otherwise it looks great hanging at the wall...

Comment

interesting....

Comment

Looks nice. I guess its probably Balsa wood! I like light guitars, but maybe not that light. I bet the Floyd is a terrible knock-off. What does it SOUND like?

I MIGHT go for the Concord. Always wanted a Jackson V with the side selector switch.

Comment

Working...
                                X