No announcement yet.

"Rareelectricguitars.com"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As for the timber, I would think it IS mahogany, but chinese mahogany - Toona sinensis, it grows fast and is lighter than your traditional and expensive stuff, but it's still mahogany and held in good regard for making furniture and guitar bodies.

It's not 'True' South American mahogany of the Swietenia genus (Swietenia mahagoni S. macrophylla or S. humilis).

In fact..you can grow it as far north as Northern Europe. But that is no bad thing necessarily. I made some gates a few years back from Albizia, don't know the species and the timber was great, I'm often planting Albizia julibrissum in people's garden's over here, don't know if its that.

Problem is Mahogany and Rosewood have become generic terms these days, Mahogany describes just about any red mahogany like wood and Rosewood describes just about any fast growing legumeous tropical tree. I have Sheesham furniture from India than is better quality than most maunfacturers fretboards these days, I got some of that cube stuff. I'm looking at it right now and thinking how many fretboards I could harvest out of it.

BTW, looking at their site, $300 for a Frenchie painted body doesn't sound bad.
    Last edited by ginsambo; 11-26-2012, 05:03 PM.
    You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

Glad it worked out for you. Any updates on this guitar?

I checked out the site, some cool looking guitars, but I couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger on the Concorde. The fact that they "blocked out the original companies logo made me think shady & the fact that the OPs Firebird came with a Jackson (with the made in USA) logo just made me think super shaddy. If they would have used their own company logo, or maybe just the script J, then maybe I would have thought differently. I also wonder what type of guarantee & how they will/would stand behind the product to replace/correct an issue for the customer.

The other thing I am thinking, granted they are stating these are fakes, but how man threads has someone ripped someone else or warned it would not be cool to sell a "mutt" Charvel made from Stew Mac or All Parts parts with the correct logo/sticker. Just domething that crossed my mind.
      KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
      I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Also the Frenchie graphic has parts missing - Look at the cross nearest the side strap button. I don't think would ever pass as being the real deal, there is always going to be something off with them, like the headstock for instance.
        You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

check out the pickguard on that red Sambora. Precision engineering!
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Hej kingV what band are you in? I'm in Stockholm too. Wonder if I could see/hear/testdrive? the guitar. I love Firebirds!

Comment

Hey KingV can you give us more info on how it went on the shop for the setup and if you find out the wood? I'm with you, if its your dream guitar and you can have it on your wall or to take out to gigs without worrying not to damage your +2k baby I can make as a great players guitar!
              '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
              '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
              custom made Les Paul
              VOX Tonelab LE
              Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
              ADA MP1
              BBE 422A
              Lexicon MPX-G2
              ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
              Support Your Local 81

Comment

... and silence for 3 months
                KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Originally posted by Larz View Post
                  I wish they had an Eddie Ojeda bullseye
                  I made the HUGE mistake of having an Eddie Ojeda replica guitar built, and I wish I had researched the company more before I had it built. If I did, I would have saved myself $600. I could have taken that money, gone to Guitar Center, and purchased a better instrument - with case! Cosmetically, the guitar LOOKS nearly identical to Eddie's. But the idiot who built the guitar misaligned the "Floyd" bridge so that the strings are not centered on the neck and pickup. Plus, the neck that they used has a truss rod that is buried in the neck pocket and is therefore not easily adjustable. To re-position the bridge will cost me somewhere between $200-$300. I may do it, I may not. The guitar itself is playable. But had I seen and played this guitar in a store, I would not have bought it. Bottom line: DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THEIR CHEAP PIECES OF CRAP!!!

I hope this answers your question.

Comment

buying bootlegs undermines any real company. simple save up for the real thing. When you deal with fraudsters you have no protection. whos to say you get what you ordered. also, this sort of thing puts people who do build legit guitars out of work.

Comment

Nice necrobump :p Is KingV still around? I wonder how the firebird held up.

Comment

Hahahahaha, blast from the past here!!! I "know" someone who got a Zack les paul chibson(since the epi's are actually produced there, it wasn't that bad. The electronics were shit, who fakes emg Hz's??? but overall for the money it wasn't bad).
                        Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Working...
                        X