No announcement yet.

Craig's list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get trade offers for stuff, and lowballers once in awhile. Usually I get a bunch of scammers which seems like the same guy replying from different emails with the same script.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

is the guitar still available?
      Sam

Comment

Yes, Sam, it's still available. Should I take the ad down for you so you can have your agent pick it up with your fake cashier's check?

Comment

Even better. Actually, I'm a Nigerian prince...
          Sam

Comment

Awesome! I know you're good for the money then...

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
              is the guitar still available?
              \

Actually, it would read:

Is the item still available?

Comment

I have pretty good luck with craigslist selling vehicles and equipment. Lots of douchebags, but I tell people up front money talks bullshit walks. I even got some pussy off craigslist, both women were actually pretty good looking

Comment

Not that I have a gold mine in my garage but I can't see a
                  safe way to sell my amps on CL.
                  I'll let trusted friends into the Bat Cave but other than that the house is off limits.

Someone will see the Dual Trace Oscilloscope, tube tester, Vacuum volt meter and stuff and wrongly
                  think I have multi thousands of dollars just sitting on the bench.
                  Not to mention a wall of amps and cabs in and out.

I'd be screwed if a customer's amp was stolen!

I buy from CL frequently though.
                  I can usually tell if it's a flaky seller by talking to them on
                  the phone.
                  I never deal with someone without doing that, talking first.

No real problems with scammers in this small market and they are easy to spot.

Usually they state "The item" and as said, another common term is "agent to purchase".

Comment

I em very interesting in your item(s)!

CL is OK if you can out up with the lowballers, flakes, bots, flaggots, busy bodies/trolls "warning" others about your prices etc... I agree with Cyg, home is offlimits. Do the deal somewhere public.
                    1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                      CL charges you if you're posting property to rent/sell or if you're hiring for work.

Everything else is free.

I know job postings have a fee too.

Comment

Yeah tell anybody who has an excuse as to why they can't simply show up with the cash to go pound salt. Their "mover" can go fuck himself as well.

Comment

Yay! I sold my lawnmower. Had it up on CL for about 3 weeks now. Purchased for $100, used for about 2 years, sold for $60. Guy seemed "normal" and showed up on time. CL still useful in some cases.
                          Sam

Comment

Yeah, CL does seem to get some normal people doing deals once in awhile. I did sell an import Brian Moore guitar to some guy who showed up at my house, said it was for his kid. Deal went smoothly.

Comment

I have had no problems with buying/selling. Get a ton of spam/junk mail after posting something up, but not too bad. I have had some good straight up deal from there. No overpriced stuff: DK2M with case for $250, a Dean Eoxtica acoustic/electric with case, cord and clip on tuner $150 as examples. I always meet in a public place, no home visits for either party. When I picked up a Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus that i traded to a guy for my RG370DX, I went to his place, had to wait about 15 minutes as he was out getting a pizza, he walks up the steps and right thru the door, not locked, and there are guitars and amps laying out all over his place. Had I known, I could scooped up the ESPs, PRSs and 3 other Jacksons he had and been gone. Not cool.
                              Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by sixx_ gunner View Post
                                I have had no problems with buying/selling. Get a ton of spam/junk mail after posting something up, but not too bad. I have had some good straight up deal from there. No overpriced stuff: DK2M with case for $250, a Dean Eoxtica acoustic/electric with case, cord and clip on tuner $150 as examples. I always meet in a public place, no home visits for either party. When I picked up a Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus that i traded to a guy for my RG370DX, I went to his place, had to wait about 15 minutes as he was out getting a pizza, he walks up the steps and right thru the door, not locked, and there are guitars and amps laying out all over his place. Had I known, I could scooped up the ESPs, PRSs and 3 other Jacksons he had and been gone. Not cool.
                                Good Luck!
                                I think you shared about this in another post/thread. Ha, that was too funny. Some people are very trusting of the world.

remember the case that happened a few years back?...a pissed off neighbor posted on CL that the person at an address was giving away everything for free. People showed up in pickup trucks, broke down the door, took everything that was inside the house. The guy comes back from work and his house is almost empty and people are still taking stuff away. He tells them to put the things back and they show a print out of the ad. Some people put stuff back but others didn't. It was too late before the cops even showed up. Some Scary shit!
                                Sam

Comment

Working...
                                X