No announcement yet.

Craig's list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have 2 fake checks from craigslist on my board in my office. Both for around 10k for a boat I had for sale years ago. Local authorities didnt care and didnt want em.
    Haters gonna hate
    Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

10K?? doesn't that somehow qualify for the 'Federal Bureau of Idiots' to intervene?
      Sam

Comment

Originally posted by coloradoman25 View Post
        I have 2 fake checks from craigslist on my board in my office. Both for around 10k for a boat I had for sale years ago. Local authorities didnt care and didnt want em.
        I keep thinking about giving these people my address to see the fake checks they send. But then again I'd have to give them my address...

Actually, I've been having a hell of a time giving away something for free on cl. I replaced the chandelier in our dining room because the gf wants brushed nickel. The chandelier I replaced is a perfectly good chandelier and I feel bad throwing it away. I've had like 3 no shows for it. It's f'ing free! Give me break.

On the other hand, I've sold my 7 string and bass guitar on there recently. Had to deal with a lot of idiots but the two people that got these items were both genuinely happy and very nice to deal with. Wish all dealings could be like that.

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
          10K?? doesn't that somehow qualify for the 'Federal Bureau of Idiots' to intervene?
          Id have thought so but no one cared, this was when I was living on base in colorado even offered it over to the MP's and the JAG office guys. No one cared.
          Haters gonna hate
          Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by decadence5423 View Post
            On the other hand, I've sold my 7 string and bass guitar on there recently. Had to deal with a lot of idiots but the two people that got these items were both genuinely happy and very nice to deal with. Wish all dealings could be like that.
            I sold a Jackson Sl2HT for $1300 on CL. The guy almost looked like a beggar with tattered shorts and dirty boots. For one moment I was scared to let him in. It was his very first high-end guitar and he was really happy to own it.

On the other hand, a "rich" looking dude driving a souped up Nissan Z350 showed up in the driveway to buy a $20 VOX amplug.
            Sam

Comment

Unless it's a piece of furniture, I try to do all of my Craigslist meetings in public places.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalDaze View Post
                Unless it's a piece of furniture, I try to do all of my Craigslist meetings in public places.
                What about lawnmowers?
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Sam

Comment

I would have to meet somewhere.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I've had a couple of successful purchases locally with CL, but never tried to sell anything.

I am always VERY wary and usually have *protection/insurance* with me when I meet.
                      Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

off topic, kind of, but i've had people i never met before come to my old house downtown in huntington beach, most of it e-bay related,
                        they all left happy, scared, satisfied, and yes, even mind altered. not one person had the balls to even think of pulling something (if that existed at all in their
                        mind in the first place) as they were too busy standing in awe of my over the top and long lost "hooray beer" type attitude.
                        these days, i'd be a pushover, but there's nothing left to steal so the joke would be on them.
                        Craig's list I have heard some true nightmares about, and you can apply that to almost any internet selling site i would think.
                        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by Hellraiser6502 View Post
                          I've had a couple of successful purchases locally with CL, but never tried to sell anything.

I am always VERY wary and usually have *protection/insurance* with me when I meet.
                          Haaa!! I could see it now, here's my awesome guitar you're interested in, but may I suggest before you pick it up
                          that I would really like you to meet my friend Glock, he's cool. (as long as you are-haa haa!!) i can see it, yes i can.
                          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

@ Tommy!!
                            Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Working...
                            X