Curious how many guys are here that came of age in the grunge era not metal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curious how many guys are here that came of age in the grunge era not metal

Just wondered how many others loved the metal more than the grunge scene that went on in the 90s. That is to say you were a teen and or coming of age to party and hit the scene and stuck to metal over the grunge fad.

Sometimes I feel about a decade outside of all of your experiences on here. I missed the age of stadium rock persay and the scene that grew out of the 80s. I remember being like 8 watching MTV and shit. Never was able to experience it in its heyday
    Haters gonna hate
    Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Early 90's was the peak of Thrash for the Bay Area.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I was born in 80 so that was kinda when I was 10ish lol
      Haters gonna hate

Comment

I was born in 71, and never got into Grunge. Always preferred metal

Comment

I grew up on metal. But really, I liked both. I can do that right?
          -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Originally posted by dvscool View Post
            But really, I liked both. I can do that right?

No

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I didnt hate grunge but it never resonated with me.
              Haters gonna hate

Comment

I was born in 75 so grunge hit when I was in high school. I thought I hated grunge because the guys couldn't play (or at least chose not to). Eventually I discovered I liked Green Day and Presidents of The United States, both of which played music that was, generally speaking, even simpler than most grunge music. That's when I realized that I didn't hate grunge because the guys couldn't play, I just hated it because I didn't like it.

Comment

I was in college when grunge hit, so I'm not the age you're asking about. I didn't love or hate grunge, but the band I was in in college played mostly grunge covers. Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Sound Garden, AIC, etc.

I liked some of it that had heavier guitars. For instance Alice In Chains always gets called grunge, but I love them.

Comment

Ward that statement at the end is a twister in my mind. AIC and Sound Garden fall into their own a bit in my mind. Also towards the end of that era sevendust and the like as well though oddly I have seen them lumped in on occasion.
                    Haters gonna hate

Comment

Born in '74, grew up in the 80s listening to all kinds of stuff - early Rap, classic rock, bob dylan, heavy metal, hair metal, punk rock, hardcore, crossover, thrash - you name it, I listened to it. When grunge hit in high school, it was surreal to see jocks and everyone else who wasn't a burn out listening to 'heavy' music all of a sudden. Can;t say I was a big fan of it when it was popular, but I don;t mind some of it now. Even saw AIC get boo'd off the stage at Clash of the Titans :P

Comment

Grundge hit when I was jr or sr in college, loved a handful of the bands but nothing close to what I listened to in the 80's

Comment

I was 14 when I hit high school in 1983 and plunged head on into thrash/speed metal and never looked back. I tried too like grunge, for like a second, but I knew I didn`t like it pretty darned quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
                            I was 14 when I hit high school in 1983 and plunged head on into thrash/speed metal and never looked back.
                            Kreator, Destruction, Venom, Possessed, Devastation, etc... there was so much good metal in the 80's.
                            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by coloradoman25 View Post
                              Ward that statement at the end is a twister in my mind. AIC and Sound Garden fall into their own a bit in my mind. Also towards the end of that era sevendust and the like as well though oddly I have seen them lumped in on occasion.
                              That's why I never know how to respond to grunge questions, some of the bands I liked and didn't think of as grunge were called grunge...

Comment

Working...
                              X