Favorite Megadeth solo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Megadeth solo

Mine are as follows: Wake Up Dead, and High Speed Dirt, especially the bluesy clean break in High Speed Dirt.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

probably Tornado of Souls
    Hail yesterday

Comment

I always liked the dueling solos in Hangar 18.

Comment

I immediately think of Wake Up Dead, especially the quick round trip Dave makes to the upper frets at 2:48

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
          I immediately think of Wake Up Dead, especially the quick round trip Dave makes to the upper frets at 2:48

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SCxcw-41HE
          Thats the part that makes me choose that song too. Brilliant.
          HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
            +1 - both guys are so stylistically different that it makes it more interesting. Plus like 2/3rds of the song is solos.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Wake up dead and Tornado... I know, so predictable!
              Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Angry Again (I like how the rhythm guitar and the drums evolve during the solo), Holy Wars, Lucretia, and Captive Honour (I like how the character of the solos change).

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                  +1 and the Symphony of Destruction solo is really great.short,intelligent....... in your face solo

Comment

Tornado of Souls is Tornado of Souls, apart from that I love the raw speed and directness of My Last Words, also love the outro to Poison Was The Cure!

Comment

My last words, ashes in your mouth, never walk alone ....
                      Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Dave's solo in Holy Wars. Far from being one of their most elaborate or technical solos but I always just loved the ferocity of it.

Comment

Foreclosure of a Dream, it has it all, flash and taste.
                          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Martys solo starts at 2:12, but gets insane at 2:20, and it kinda makes Mega Daves (which is still good IMO) seem meedly meedly mee. By far one of my favorite tunes.
                            Second fav would be Jeff Youngs work from In My Darkest Hour.
                            "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Tornado is a given. Hook in mouth is always one I liked an awful lot too...
                              Popular is not the same as good
                              Rare is not the same as valuable
                              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Working...
                              X