This could be a great movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This could be a great movie

Daniel Day Lewis as Abe , i'm fired up for this one.

http://thefilmstage.com/news/first-l...raham-lincoln/
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

no brice willis hanging off the end of a helicoptor while spraying bullets killing everyone in sight but nobody
    ever hitting him, letting go of said helicoptor, landing on a car, then a truck, then blowing up a gas station,
    no over the top special headache effects that take all the humanity out of film.
    Man I hope the script is good, it has to be.

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
      no brice willis hanging off the end of a helicoptor while spraying bullets killing everyone in sight but nobody
      ever hitting him, letting go of said helicoptor, landing on a car, then a truck, then blowing up a gas station,
      no over the top special headache effects that take all the humanity out of film
      No, but you will have to bear over the top sentimental speeches while all the flags waving high and orchestral soundtrack with the worst overblown sauerkraut romanticist exaggerations imaginable to man will make you beg for a quick end like a wounded horse deserves. On top of that the highest achievement out of all that is humanly possible comes down to mister, whatever character that may be, ending up in a cottage with his utterly boring family, all acting like utterly stupid cunts like this cadence for simpletons has any relevance whatsoever but as this minor league mawkish director insists that no matter what's the subject and no matter where and what time something takes places, no character isn't worthy of a screen time unless he can show off his fat fucking family and his rubbish house with its rubbish fucking fence.
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
        No, but you will have to bear over the top sentimental speeches while all the flags waving high and orchestral soundtrack with the worst overblown sauerkraut romanticist exaggerations imaginable to man will make you beg for a quick end like a wounded horse deserves. On top of that the highest achievement out of all that is humanly possible comes down to mister, whatever character that may be, ending up in a cottage with his utterly boring family, all acting like utterly stupid cunts like this cadence for simpletons has any relevance whatsoever but as this minor league mawkish director insists that no matter what's the subject and no matter where and what time something takes places, no character isn't worthy of a screen time unless he can show off his fat fucking family and his rubbish house with its rubbish fucking fence.

no, i don't think so my man, supposedly the movie deals with the last 4 months of his life, i have some hopes for this one,
        and trust me, i hate 99.9% of what is released these days.

Comment

I predict this will happen considering the flick is directed by one the kings of mawkish film-making
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

have a little faith in daniel day lewis, at least it will be watchable, unlike just about every other new movie.

Comment

an actor is just a tool, it's all about the images.

I'm still waiting for Greenaway's film about Hendrik Goltzius

Comment

an actor is just a tool, it's all about the images.

I'm still waiting for Greenaway's film about Hendrik Goltzius
                Ah, after reading your first post, I was assuming you were waiting for the latest Banksy film.

Yeah, that was kinda lame.
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

to try and capture lincoln in two or 3 hours would be a feat no matter who does the film, being that
                  he's still a hotly debated character 145 years or so after the fact.
                  some of that guys writings are so eloquent. i think he was as sharp they come.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                    Ah, after reading your first post, I was assuming you were waiting for the latest Banksy film.

Yeah, that was kinda lame.
                    The graffiti dude? Haven't seen it, was it that bad? Sauerkraut and all? I would have expected that at least the music is something better as he is from Bristol after all, I wouldn't expect Bristolians to go with sentimental sauerkraut orchestration.

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                      to try and capture lincoln in two or 3 hours would be a feat no matter who does the film, being that
                      he's still a hotly debated character 145 years or so after the fact.
                      some of that guys writings are so eloquent. i think he was as sharp they come.
                      Then one needs to read his work or watch documentaries. When it comes to visual form then I don't need to see what I already know.

Comment

Then one needs to read his work or watch documentaries. When it comes to visual form then I don't need to see what I already know.
                        i was gonna offer you a hit off this gorgeous spliff i just rolled , but now, i'm thinking, i've seen your work, and i slap myself in the head saying Endrik's
                        not into spliff, i don't need to offer what i already know he doesn't want. you fucking buzzard.

Comment

buzzard is my name, headaching is my game...

fuck I shouldn't be bitching that much right now... one and half week of Fellini retrospective starting wednesday should cheer me up for a while... now that big ass loving pisser actually knew what to do with the bloody camera

Comment

well, now the whole world is armed with phones/ cameras, and it's fuckin' mad i tell you. mad!!!

Comment

I saw a trailer for this. Looks good...

Comment

Working...
                              X