Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AdRock View Post
    Man I could never live in that state
    I could but I don't want to. The weather is great, can't really deny that. Maybe I'd consider it if I made more money than I knew what to do with. My fiance's dad who is from California likes to sends her pictures with his phone of the weather reports, especially when he knows its like snowing really hard here. It's really nice of him. I've always had the temptation to respond with a picture of our gas prices, or even better our property tax bill. But I didn't want to be mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Predator1 View Post
      The thing your talking about is a logger. The auto insurance industry would like see the installed in cars as standard equipment. The record how you drive,where you drive and when you drive. They will then base your rate on the information it has gathered. I think progressive already offers this as a discount. Ya right!

Over here they're trying to implement a 'milage tax' with built in loggers

While Actually, gas in itself is the best 'milage tax' you need
      Drive longer = use more gas
      Drive faster = use more gas

to add: Gas is $9.06 over here as well strangely not going down for the winter, but up
      "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Gasoline prices are too low everywhere, they should be so high that only the very rich could afford it comfortably, it's the only way to kick lazy population in the ass to come out of their decadent safe zone so they wouldn't stand in the way of innovation which would replace this out of date crap technology which costs everyone ridiculous amounts of money anyway considering how much maintenance internal combustion engines needs. This is like using hot air balloon instead of teleportation in a sci-fi flick.
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
          Have you ever tried it?
          Yes, from 1966 until 1997. It was great when I grew up, but it just keeps going downhill. Not missing a thing. If I go back to my old neigborhoods (Garden Grove, Walnut, Diamond Bar) I feel like I'm in some other country. Traffic keeps getting worse. If you didn't buy a house in a good area back in the 70s, you are hosed and would have to live out in the desert (Hesperia, Lake Elsinore). Forget that.
          Last edited by DonP; 10-07-2012, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Here in Quebec, we pay around 1,47 $/ L that's around 5,56$ per US gallon (knowing both of our currencies are about the same value these days). We were still around 1,30$/L (4,92$/usg) a few weeks ago.

But we are still lower than Ginsambo up there in the UK.

I'm glad that we bought the small Hyundai for my wife. We've been putting more and more milage on it as it's cheaper on gas. And I killed my project of getting a Jeep Wrangler... For the moment...
            JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
            Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

$3.79 here in s. Fla for regular, that California pricing is just crazy! How the hell does it go up so high in certain places and not in others?

Comment

Originally posted by jacksoncsplayer View Post
                How the hell does it go up so high in certain places and not in others?
                See posts 2, 10, 14
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                  See posts 2, 10, 14
                  That's crazy man, I didn't realize they were doing the summer blend winter blend thing. How long have they been doing that? I lived there from 90 to 93 in Hollyweird and don't remember that.

Comment

Working...
                  X