Two movies I've lately seen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two movies I've lately seen

I've seen this 2 movies lately and I really fucking liked them:1) Zeitgeist-The Movie and 2) Legends of the Fall
    anyone seen them too?(a lot I guess)

Legends of the fall is one of my fav's, Pitt played that role really well. Have not seen Zeitgeist.

I recently watched Inglorious Basterds again, I love that flick..

Comment

How can one not know Legends of the Fall, it was impossible to avoid how Americans in the 90's suddenly decided that they have to make at least 50 period pieces a year. And the Brits of course wouldn't let yanks beat them in their game so easily. Legends was everywhere, as was "Age of Innocence", Merchant Ivory team still kept going strong, "Howard's End" and "Remains of the Day" were probably the most popular. "Little Women" oh yes... you got to have Winona everywhere... and Helena Bonham Carter... and Emma Thompson.... and Anthony Hopkins... and...
      "Sense and Sensibility", "Wings of the Dove" and countless of others along with same amount of mini-series were unavoidable. Not that they were bad, just made me a little hostile back then against all that wave of period dramas.

Zeitgeist is total shit of course. Modern anglo-saxon protestants wether they are believers (literalists) or non-believers are the last whose opinions on ancient eastern-mediterranean/middle-east myths and belief systems is needed... everything in Zeitgeist about religion bespeaks simple minded puritan dreariness.
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

wow....what excellent insights. while correct, still kind of doucherific considering it seems that the fellow wants to discuss a couple of movies he seemed to enjoy.

personally, i enjoyed "legends of the fall" despite what endrik wants to belly-ache about. never saw the other movie.
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

discuss freely, nothing against Legends... I just have this weird love/hate relationship with period pieces.
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Well, you have to remember while we may approach discussion on movie from a truly entertainment based angle, Endrik approaches them as somebody who has studied them as an art form. For me movies are pure escapist entertainment. The more "artistic" it is, the less likely I am to enjoy it.

For me I picture everybody that approaches film from an art angle as Dieter from Sprokits. PET MY MONKEY!!!
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I've tried to watch the Zeitgeist movie, I really did, but after 30 minutes, I decided I would forever be their enemy
              "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
                I've tried to watch the Zeitgeist movie, I really did, but after 30 minutes, I decided I would forever be their enemy
                really? I do find the first chapter about god really great ,don't know how much of it is true, but a lot in there are more possible than gods existance

Comment

take back what I said .I did some research for the last hour and found out this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuocQ...eature=related I really didn't kow that zeitgeist was a movement and I don't like these kind of movements......who knows maybe god is out there and we will never know about him and if he was jesus christ or not...they have confused the truth with their interests making the facts never look clear....

Comment

Rock of Ages is floating around..... Two hours of life i'll never get back.
                    “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                      Zeitgeist is total shit of course. Modern anglo-saxon protestants wether they are believers (literalists) or non-believers are the last whose opinions on ancient eastern-mediterranean/middle-east myths and belief systems is needed... everything in Zeitgeist about religion bespeaks simple minded puritan dreariness.
                      but aside from all that - was it a good pitcha?

haven't seen either film
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by len View Post
                        Rock of Ages is floating around..... Two hours of life i'll never get back.
                        Was it bad? I haven't seen it. I figured I'd wait til it came out on DVD.

Comment

"Rock Of Ages" I just saw the trailer and I had to find a dick to suck. I bashed opened the door to the mens room. There's was a heavy set man...peein'..I grabbed him, and threw him down. There was pee everywhere..it was horrible!

The cops came and asked what happened. I told them he attacked me with pee. They took him away...that piece of shit.
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I don't know haven't seen Rock of Ages yet, but from the trailer it seems to me that stacey jacks is more related to lady gaga than any 80's musician they are trying to make him look like......then people have that kind of perception that rock(not metal I love it when they confuse that thing as being one) is all about sex and drugs and shit....ok man, it is about both sex and drugs manytimes , but all those guys who started it were concerned about music (at least till they get a record deal and fuck them selves with drugs)....also our music is about the people that a band consists of....its not only about the fucking singer ..don't confuse it with nowdays pop shit...if you wanna see how things were back then go and watch One year and a half in the life of Metallica.they were considered as rockstars(if this is what peopel want to see) and its less of a utopian fairytale

Comment

I still havent seen Legend of The Falls. Maybe one day. When Im bored of watching God Bless America for the billionth time.............

Comment

Working...
                              X