Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Know things are bad all over but damn it c'mon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Know things are bad all over but damn it c'mon!

I'm not going to go into the sob story about how horrible this year has been because this year has been shit for a lot of people.

HOWEVER. There are certain things that have been like salt in a wound and I am wondering if others are hitting the same brick wall.

I've been applying for work non stop for a while now and I keep getting these head hunters who are acting all excited to talk to me based on my experience and tell me how great my resume looks and what a perfect fit I am for This employer or that one - basically blowing so much smoke up my ass I'm shocked i don't have cancer from it - and then never hear from the bastards again. This one lady talked my damn ear off for a good half hour about how perfect I looked for a position and how it was moving fast and then never heard from her, sent her emails and called her and she acted put out that I followed up. I mean if someone tells me a company needs people NOW and the job list they send me says URGENT and I have to get her my info ASAP and then I get an ear full of stuff and then wait a damn week and don't hear anything yes I'm going to fucking follow up.

I don't understand why they do that, build up the hope and then don't even have the courtesy to say "well they went with someone else."

Am I alone in this or is anyone else getting this treatment as well?

-Jerry
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Jerry,

I've run into plenty of that as well. I miss how it was even just a few years ago, good jobs were plentiful. Not so much anymore... I've been 'under employed' for the last 2 years at about 40k less a year... Hoping to catch a break myself! Keep your head up Bro
    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

I just find it irritating that these agencies who would be making a lot of money off me can't be bothered to follow up with me. Things will improve

Comment

I did some work for a temp agency before my current job and the experience was not pleasant. You could clearly tell their only interest was profiting off of your labour. They were very pissed when I took a full time job at the end of the contract because they were planning on extending it. Even though they didn't tell me that until after I told them I was leaving to accept a permanent position.

Fuggems!
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Yeah those people suck! Hell I've been out of work since Feb. and I can't find shit for work. even out of my trade. This year blows..

MOSHON
          DAVE
          "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

I haven't had a real job for about 2 years. I really don't have any experience doing much, so I'm probably not getting a job ever . Just hang in there, stay positive; you'll get something soon and if not, you'll probably find something better.
            Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
            Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
              I did some work for a temp agency before my current job and the experience was not pleasant. You could clearly tell their only interest was profiting off of your labour. They were very pissed when I took a full time job at the end of the contract because they were planning on extending it. Even though they didn't tell me that until after I told them I was leaving to accept a permanent position.

Fuggems!
              it's just disrespectful. I don't know if it's because they feel they have people by the ball hair or if they simply just don't feel like they have to be professional at all. Really disheartening when you bust your ass for the client and the people who you have to go through are asses.

Comment

It's because a lot of people are cowards and don't have the balls to tell how things really are, specially into your face. People avoid telling the truth because it puts them in a position which makes them feel extremely uncomfortable. It has nothing to do with job market but basic psychology.
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

It sounds like it could be a basic "Grapes of Wrath" type deal where they line up way more applicants than there are positions in order to get the most talent for the lowest cost.

Comment

4 more years of shit, ..... obama.

Comment

Look at their face, their eyes..if they're blowing smoke you'll know. Then call 'em on it, right then and there.

Tell them.. I heard all this shit before..now gimme a fuggin' job.

Good luck man..hang tough!!

Oh yeah.."Dey took ma jerb". !!! (><)
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

If you get a call from a recruiter that actually works at the company looking to hire, you've got a chance.

Otherwise, it's just these commission-based bastards looking to stuff any random body into a job to score some cash.

Comment

During your next job interview, scream on top of your lungs.."Hey you fuck..stop grabbing my penis". Then fall backwards on the floor and flail about like a fish outta water. When that person hovers over you..just scream "Get away..get away.." People will run to your saftey..and you will be in the coin! The Police will come and taser him..because he/she will appear very, very.. very angry.

So, in this case everybody wins. Even to the Human Resource person because they're assholes. You gotta be an asshole to do that job...I think.
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Yeah Tazer the fuckers. Then call a no win, no fee solicitor. Jobs a good un and income made for the next year. 'Get away, Get away'

Sure eventually it might backfire and they might have you sectioned, but enjoy the free ride on the way.

'Hi, good morning how are you, please take a seat'.....'Oh my god, Oh my god, for god's sake, she's touching my penis...URgggh...SPAZ'

....Mrs Barnacle 'I just asked him to take a seat and he said that I touched his penis and then had a seizure'
                            Big Macho Condescending Boss Man 'Is this true, did Mrs Barnacle touch your penis?'
                            Big Macho Condescending Boss Man 'I don't think that Mrs Barnacle touched your penis did she?'

....'Don't even touch me, you'll be hearing from my lawyer, what kind of whore shop recruitment place do you run here anyway...seriously don't even touch me, oh my god...you....you..... pimp'

KER-CHING!

Put a hidden camera in you bag so I can watch how events unfurl on Youtube.

My only memory of recruitment agencies was some freshly graduated young girl who had sold her soul telling me how over qualified and too intelligent I was for the level of work I was seeking and that I wouldn't be happy with it. I thought, so what you are telling me that factory and shift workers are retarded and never aspire to do anything else? They are whores, they'll tell you anything so they can get a better percentage and keep you on their books if you are juicy enough. But it beats 'Well you are too old to sell your arse on the streets'
                            Last edited by ginsambo; 11-21-2012, 03:07 AM.
                            You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

Out of interest, what do all the people here do that are out of work?

We have been trying to hire Engineers, technicians, and model makers for the last 9 months and we are struggling to find anyone with the skills and willing to work. Admittedly we don't offer the best pay, but if things are as bad as everyone says then surely people would be lining up to accept any offer they could get?

Comment

Working...
                              X