NHL lockout ended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHL lockout ended

So we get another asterisked season in a league that probably has more of them than in any other pro sport, while some NHL players are still in other leagues like the KHL.

I'll be grateful for the Flyers playing again but these kinds of seasons no one respects whoever wins the Stan Lee Cup with that asterisk next to that team's name, so a lot of teams don't really try, and the ones that do don't get the praise they should have.

And the leafs still won't make the playoffs.

Woohoo, finally some good news.

Funny thing, the couple of NHL pros who were playing the Danish league left earlier this week as they were called back by their respective teams.

Comment

Now what will be interesting to see is who gets bought out/traded as teams scramble to get under the lower cap.

I expect the Wild are looking at their two giant new contracts thinking, "We fucked ourselves proper there..."
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
        Now what will be interesting to see is who gets bought out/traded as teams scramble to get under the lower cap.

I expect the Wild are looking at their two giant new contracts thinking, "We fucked ourselves proper there..."

Honestly I worry about the Flyers because they need money to strengthen the shit out of their defense ever since the pants-on-head retarded trading of Richards and Carter and with Pronger still up in the air, and hopefully someday afford a decent goalie who doesn't choke half the games

The logistics are gonna be screwy for the first couple of seanos until players learn to accept their market value has been capped by the owners

Comment

Speaking of the Flyers (and the leafs), I'm looking forward to seeing what JVR can do with the Leafs

Comment

Even though the Cup winners will be mocked, I'll still appreciate watching some NHL hockey. Watching late night televised European events just isn't the same.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
              Even though the Cup winners will be mocked, I'll still appreciate watching some NHL hockey. Watching late night televised European events just isn't the same.
              Or even worse, basketball.

Comment

i don't give a fuck. the lockout is over and so is my absence baby!! how is everyone? if i was doing any better it just may be a sin.
                anything is better than the NBA. i may have hung myself this winter by the end of february. now i'm happy.
                let's go fuckin' Rangers!! one of the most confounded teams in the history of sports, but i just can't drop them. ever.
                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Lets Go Red Wings!
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sephiroth View Post
                    the Stan Lee Cup
                    Not funny.

I must say that I'll likely see a little but I am not interested. I watched the 1987 Canada Cup that they replayed before Christmas...it was amazing hockey. Far better than today's NHL.
                    My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

i always say i'm pissed off whenever there's been a lockout or strike but whenever the NFL, MLB or NHL resumed,
                      i'm right back on the bandwagon. i'm addicted and i don't want to break the habit whatsoever.
                      when are the rangers ever going to be one of the top favorites again in my life? maybe never.
                      i'll take what i can get.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
                        Or even worse, basketball.
                        That's not funny at all. It took that many days for me to reply. Basketball has been on too much lately. Basketball makes me want to suicide....
                        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

i can watch basketball if i have about 8 ounces of heroin. being that's not the case anymore, i can no longer watch basketball.
                          the NBA lost its luster with me about 12 years ago. it used to be great.

Comment

I quit NBA after the 95 season

I hate lockouts too, pisses me off but I'm too big of a sports fan to boycott. I'll be there watching the first puck hit the ice
                            shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                              That's not funny at all. It took that many days for me to reply. Basketball has been on too much lately. Basketball makes me want to suicide....
                              Ha. All last season the guy at work would say to me "excited about the hockey game tonight?" when I walked into work at 4. He would say that for every night that there was a game. So, this season I say to him. "Excited about the basketball game tonight?" He just shakes his head at me. Needless to say he will be quite happy when play resumes.

Comment

Working...
                              X