NHL lockout ended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Has Luongo been traded? I heard he was gonna be traded this season, and if true can't say I am surprised as he'll probably be forever hated by Vancouver after being blamed for their loss to the Bruins that led to a little rioting.
    Luongo can win any regular season game he starts. So much so that he can, and has, led teams to the President's Trophy. However, in a playoff game, his coaches would rather start one of the Ice Girls - and for good reason. Stats don't mean shit unless you bring home the cup and Luongo chokes when it counts. For many years Isles fans were irate at Milbury trading what we thought would have been a multi-cup franchise goaltender, but having the benefit of now seeing how he has played for other teams we realize he's just a fan-tease. Dominant regular seasons but no cum shot. He morphs into a complete headcase come playoff time. Not an unusual trait for goaltenders generally, but to play so dominantly all season long that opponents fear facing you and then these very same teams wish they could face you in the offs for guaranteed advance is pathetic. OK, I'll stop and spare you further rantings.
    Mitch
    AxeDealers/Guitarsehole

Comment

Originally posted by modelseriesman View Post
      Luongo can win any regular season game he starts. So much so that he can, and has, led teams to the President's Trophy. However, in a playoff game, his coaches would rather start one of the Ice Girls - and for good reason. Stats don't mean shit unless you bring home the cup and Luongo chokes when it counts. For many years Isles fans were irate at Milbury trading what we thought would have been a multi-cup franchise goaltender, but having the benefit of now seeing how he has played for other teams we realize he's just a fan-tease. Dominant regular seasons but no cum shot. He morphs into a complete headcase come playoff time. Not an unusual trait for goaltenders generally, but to play so dominantly all season long that opponents fear facing you and then these very same teams wish they could face you in the offs for guaranteed advance is pathetic. OK, I'll stop and spare you further rantings.
      i'd be willing to bet though that Milbury didn't make that trade on smarts. not that my rangers front office has operated with any great knowledge over the decades either.
      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Heard that! There is zero doubt Milbury was a thug as a player and an utter dolt as a GM. Milbury killed that whole franchise, I agree, but his bonehead trade with Florida - once thought of as insane, or inane, wasn;t the loss we once believed. Luongo can't finish, period.

That guy in that famous 'Milbury climbs into stands to beat fan with fan's own shoe' incident must of been a Rangers fan)
        Mitch
        AxeDealers/Guitarsehole

Comment

that was a doozy alright-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpbD6W7YT5A

Comment

Go leafs go!

Comment

I have to admit, I watched a little NHL Network last night and I am jonesing for some NHL hockey...can't wait until Saturday!

Just in the nick of time, CFB is over, NFL is winding down and I don't watch NBA....it would have been brutal from Superbowl to MLB spring training as far as sports television goes
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                I never tire of seeing that clip.
                Mitch
                AxeDealers/Guitarsehole

Comment

Originally posted by modelseriesman View Post
                  I never tire of seeing that clip.
                  i wish that shit still happened. and I still say go back to the old rules of hockey god damnit!!

Comment

Hilarious assessment of Luongo...the guy took his team to game 7 and the people in front of him didn't score. You can't have the cupcake twins collapse and still win - after all, the game is about having more goals than the other team.
                    My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

Dispapointed in the Flyers playing the way they did and losing. This short season can't be wasted, and there's no room for that kind of crap. I just hope that they're not thinking they have to knock themselves out for an asterisked season.

And the Kings? Looks like they drank a little too much from the Stanley Cup and are suffering a major cop hangover with the ass-beating they got

Comment

There were a few interesting shockers yesterday. Glad to see LA and Detroit get smoked yesterday.
                        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                          There were a few interesting shockers yesterday. Glad to see LA and Detroit get smoked yesterday.
                          The Blues came out rolling big last night!!. Terasenko is the real deal, 2-goals on his first 2-shots in the NHL!
                          All hail the 'King'
                          R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

I have no interest in a group of people that go on strike every 3 months. Its like they end a strike, but, they already have plans for another to start before the ink is dry on the last one. -Lou
                            " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Originally posted by STLKINGV View Post
                              The Blues came out rolling big last night!!. Terasenko is the real deal, 2-goals on his first 2-shots in the NHL!
                              Not only that, both were really nice goals that require a lot of skill!

Comment

Originally posted by goodwood View Post
                                Hilarious assessment of Luongo...the guy took his team to game 7 and the people in front of him didn't score. You can't have the cupcake twins collapse and still win - after all, the game is about having more goals than the other team.
                                Yeah, it's all blown out of proportion, IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X