No announcement yet.

NHL lockout ended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• henrik pitched 3 shutouts in that series. Ovi made some pretty loud comments after the game in regards to the officiating.
    the guy hadn't scored a point in 5 games regardless of the refs. he almost killed my boy ryan McD as well. wanted to jump through the t.v. and
    sucker punch that fucker. i thought the caps got away with some serious bullshit last night, so i don't want to hear about the refs,
    let';s just leave it at they have and always will suck for both teams involved.
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

• Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
      Ovi made some pretty loud comments after the game in regards to the officiating.
      After that no-call boarding penalty, he must have been bitching about not being sat down himself...punk.

That Boston comeback has to go down in sports history as one of the best ever...right up there with the '92 Bills Vs Oilers in its epicness.

Vokoun gets the nod tonight...I'm both shocked and thrilled

Comment

• Comment

• here you go Rupe-

Capitals' Ovechkin on Rangers series reaching Game 7: 'The league needs to make a profit'

Capitals' Ovechkin on Rangers series reaching Game 7: 'The league needs to make a profit'

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/nhlblo...#ixzz2THwzKuMg

Alex Ovechkin and the Capitals have no one to blame but themselves after the Rangers knocked them out of the playoffs with a 5-0 thumping at home in Game 7 on Monday. But Ovechkin is blaming the referees, anyway.

"I am not saying there was a phone call from (the league), but someone just wanted Game 7. For the ratings," Ovechkin told NHL contributor Slava Malamud, who translated to English after the loss. "You know, the lockout, escrow, the league needs to make profit. ... I don't know whether the refs were predisposed against us or the league. But to not give obvious penalties (to the Rangers), while for us any little thing was immediately penalized..."

Throughout the series, the Rangers had 28 power play opportunities to the Capitals' 16, clearly a source of frustration for Ovechkin. Washington wasn't even awarded a power play in Game 6, while the Rangers had five chances. The Rangers won that game, 1-0.

Washington had the league's best power play in the regular season at 26.8 percent. In the playoffs, they were 3-for-16 (18.8 percent). Ovechkin disappeared in the series only scoring one goal in the seven game series after leading the league with 32 during the regular season, but believes the referees and the league wanted the Rangers to win and wanted a Game 7 for money and ratings purposes.

"The refereeing ... You understand it yourself. How can there be no penalties at all (on one team) during the playoffs?" he told Malamud.

The Capitals postseason failures continued, as they lost a Game 7 at home for the fourth time in six seasons.

All this from the guy who almost decapitated ryan mcdonaugh last night and no penalty. not to mention he didn't score a point in the last 5 games.
          i guess if you live long enough, you get to see everything. i still think he's one of the best players i have ever seen if not the best, but he cannot win
          the big ones.
          Last edited by atomic charvel guy; 05-14-2013, 12:30 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• shitty effort by the rangers. should have stole that game with all those defensemen out for boston.
              no powerplay as usual. they cannot score at all some nights. pricks.

Comment

• Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                shitty effort by the rangers. should have stole that game with all those defensemen out for boston.
                no powerplay as usual. they cannot score at all some nights. pricks.
                More "dingers" in that game than I've seen in a while. I thought that was gonna be the Rangers game...they came out for OT like they just woke up from a nap.

How does Torres get a series long suspension for that hit??? He hit the shoulder first, but the league claims he "took a bad path" that led to the contact to the head, even though the guy was skating with his head down. I just don't get these calls where there are no elbows, charges, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rupe View Post
                  More "dingers" in that game than I've seen in a while. I thought that was gonna be the Rangers game...they came out for OT like they just woke up from a nap.

How does Torres get a series long suspension for that hit??? He hit the shoulder first, but the league claims he "took a bad path" that led to the contact to the head, even though the guy was skating with his head down. I just don't get these calls where there are no elbows, charges, etc.
                  i believe they did call a charge on the play. Torres gets ZERO sympathy from me. Someone should run that fkn pukes face thru the glass.
                  Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by clifffclaven View Post
                    i believe they did call a charge on the play. Torres gets ZERO sympathy from me. Someone should run that fkn pukes face thru the glass.
                    No doubt that he's a dirty player...I just didn't see it on that play. Then again, I root for a team that employs Matt Cooke
                    Last edited by Rupe; 05-20-2013, 07:55 AM.

Comment

• Crosby gets a hat trick. Crazy. After that goal against the Islanders when he went through the 2 guys to score, I just thought "here he goes".
                      My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

• Cindy Crawford needs to get leveled by Chris neil or else the Pens will sweep them. it's really that simple, if you let that guy skate around uncontested,
                        forget it. just pack it up now and go fishing until september. seriously. if you don't hit crosby, and frankenstein head Malkin, forget it.

Comment

• Crosby was on fire...no containing him when he's like that...just hope to only let him score 1 or 2. Best bet is to get Sid "ass punchin" mad as you mentally can get ass-boy off his game .. otherwise...your team is toast lol. I'm also glad he's man enough to come out of the closet like he did...he's a hero...not for being a great hockey player though

Blackhawks got beat yesterday...how can that happen? Must be officiating as Chicago can't lose on their own ya know
                          shawnlutz.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                            Crosby was on fire...no containing him when he's like that...just hope to only let him score 1 or 2. Best bet is to get Sid "ass punchin" mad as you mentally can get ass-boy off his game .. otherwise...your team is toast lol. I'm also glad he's man enough to come out of the closet like he did...he's a hero...not for being a great hockey player though

Blackhawks got beat yesterday...how can that happen? Must be officiating as Chicago can't lose on their own ya know
                            Lol no they got beat because aside from the luck on the Kane goal, they played a shit game. Got outplayed in every aspect. Hopefully coach busted some heads after that.
                            Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

• I see the Sharks got Betmanned for $100K for complaining about the Torres suspension.

Thou shalt not disagree.
                              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

• Torres does have a history of less than clean hits... since coming to SJ he's been playing relatively disciplined hockey. He certainly didn't deserve a series long suspension. I mean, WTF? That looked like a clean hit from every angle. He didn't charge stoll, he took several strides following the puck and turned towards Stoll last minute before hitting him on the shoulder. Even the NHL network ran a series of similar or worse plays that had less punishment or haven't been called this year. Feel free to hate him, I don't particularly care, but the suspension was bullshit and just another sign that Brendon BS Shanahan is just full of inconsistent shit and needs to go away.
                                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                                X