No announcement yet.

NHL lockout ended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what a jackrolling. a true penguin gang rape of the senators. the pens are going to win the cup. they score
    whenever they truly want to. i won a few bucks on them, i knew they would paste them last night.
    i love to watch that kid karlsson on the senators play, i hope he does not get injured
    again. what an other worldly type recovery he made from a lacerated achillies in a short amount of time.
    wish he was on the rangers. i wish alot of guys were on the fuckin' rangers.
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

• Believe me Rupe, it has NOTHING to do with Iginla.
      Hear the universe scream
      Bleeding from black holes
      Whom horns careless
      And whom God mourns

Comment

• Originally posted by paulbag View Post
        Believe me Rupe, it has NOTHING to do with Iginla.
        What's it about? I understand hating certain organizations that do things to "buy" championships (Yankees), or have meddling owners (Cowboys, Redskins, formerly Raiders), or operate as a profit center with no real commitment to winning (Pirates...and they'll fold again down the stretch), but I can't think of a reason to hate the Pens organization. As a fan, I can see hating the team (kinda like I hate the Redwings after 2 hard fought Cup Finals...and having to watch the whiniest bitch of a coach in the league in Babcock...but I respect the organization greatly), but I'm struggling to see a reason to hate the organization itself. Just curious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rupe View Post
          (kinda like I hate the Redwings after 2 hard fought Cup Finals...
          You should love the Red Wings as they plastered the Pens in game 6 like the Pens were in grade 6 then folded the tent up and let them win the most boring game 7 in NHL history. HA!

I would love a Detroit/Boston final...but there are a few matchups that would work fine.
          My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

• Absolute disgusting display in Detroit. Refs 3. Hawks 1.
            Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by goodwood View Post
              You should love the Red Wings as they plastered the Pens in game 6 like the Pens were in grade 6 then folded the tent up and let them win the most boring game 7 in NHL history. HA!

Comment

What's it about? I understand hating certain organizations that do things to "buy" championships (Yankees), or have meddling owners (Cowboys, Redskins, formerly Raiders), or operate as a profit center with no real commitment to winning (Pirates...and they'll fold again down the stretch), but I can't think of a reason to hate the Pens organization. As a fan, I can see hating the team (kinda like I hate the Redwings after 2 hard fought Cup Finals...and having to watch the whiniest bitch of a coach in the league in Babcock...but I respect the organization greatly), but I'm struggling to see a reason to hate the organization itself. Just curious.
                you know what's even more hatable? organizations like, cough, cough, the pittsburgh pirates, or cincinnatti reds who claim the baseball field is not level and that the owners should have profit sharing.
                and what do those owners do with the money that the yankees fork over at the end of the season? they put it in their pockets instead of into their team. the yankees went to 5 world series in 6 years from
                '96 through 2001, won four of them, and did it with homegrown guys, jeter, posada, rivera, pettitte. they never bought any championships. when they tried, they failed. except for 2009, it panned out after 8 years of not winning it through buying high priced free agents.

Comment

• Detroit is making this interesting and coming together as a group each game they play. I haven't seen a JLA crowd like this in a few years. Detroit are matching whatever Chicago throws at them. Toews is a wreck. Someone in that room needs to step and have somewhat of captain mutiny and inform Toews that he not displaying captain quality leadership, actually is hurting his team by acting like a spoiled 8 yr old child. Put more energy in playing playoff hockey instead of whining all night. Your captain isn't leading anything sitting in the box for 6 minutes. I think Bickell on that line backfired on Coach Q as the Wings are not intimidated by physical play at all...in fact its odd seeing them using it towards their advantage. Bickell wasn't doing anything really, the wings didn't falter or fold because of a guy wanting to be physical, bring it on. Bickell also took 4 PIM's last night.

Saturday is going to be a crazy game. Chicago is too good to go without a fight ans this series is far from over. It will really be a madhouse on Madison. Detroit is going to have to play a near perfect game. They can't have all of these turnovers and hand the puck to the Blackhawks like they did last night...Howard stole that one if ya ask me. Chicago is going to bring it Saturday...Detroit will have elevate their game to match it.

Playoffs are weird, the best team doesn't always win...the team playing best hockey as a group with a solid netminder does.. I do think there is something to said about lack of adversity throughout the season. Chicago really didn't have any and coasted to the Presidents trophy as they were so damn strong. I've witnessed this several times with Wings....too easy of a season with no adversity and when they face some like going down early ins a series they just couldn't turn a switch.
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

• the pens will closeout, and play the bruins for the east finals. that kings-sharks game was seriously fun to watch last night.
                    quick is the best goalie in the league at playoff time people. it's that simple. honorable mention to jimmy howard. the hawks are underdogs for the first time in their lives this season.
                    that's going to be a very hard 4th game to win for the wings, would be cool to see them do it.
                    Gopd damn rangers did not have the decency to put me out of my misery. richards scratched, and it worked. they didn't play hockey until
                    the 3rd period, i cannot figure those pricks out, ever!!

Comment

Don't call me stupid just because I am right.

The Pens are one of the best run organizations in the NHL right now though, there is no denying that...and it was only a short while back that the team was to be sold and would have been moved to Hamilton if Bettman didn't stick his little nose in there. If Anyone else wins the Stanley Cup I will be surprised.
                      My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Comment

• So. LA finished off San Jose last night...Johnny Quick - holy smokes.

What will happen between the Hawks and the Wings tonight? It's crazy that the 5 remaining teams are the 5 most recent Stanley Cup winners.

Comment

• wings have to play datsyuk and zetterberg on the same line tonight. have to.

Comment

• Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                            wings have to play datsyuk and zetterberg on the same line tonight. have to.
                            IMO that's a bad idea. Q will just put out the bolland line with Keith and seabrook on d cuz he has last change. And Babcock has to play either z or dats against toews. Neither one of their other centers is good enough defensively.
                            Last edited by clifffclaven; 05-29-2013, 11:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by goodwood View Post
                              So. LA finished off San Jose last night...Johnny Quick - holy smokes.

What will happen between the Hawks and the Wings tonight? It's crazy that the 5 remaining teams are the 5 most recent Stanley Cup winners.
                              that save on pavelski was absolute robbery. Amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by clifffclaven View Post
                                IMO that's a bad idea. Q will just put out the bolland line with Keith and seabrook on d cuz he has last change. And Babcock has to play either z or dats against toews. Neither one of their other centers is good enough defensively.
                                the wings have to strike first, it's that simple or they are in deep shit. i'd roll those two out for the first 10 minutes and see how it goes, if it's not bearing fruit, then i'd
                                split them up again. they have blown 2 closeout games in a row now and are back to being the underdog. put the gas peddle down i say.

Comment

Working...
                                X