Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seismic Audio Speakers, anyone have experience with them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seismic Audio Speakers, anyone have experience with them?

I just pulled the trigger on these bad boys. The company comes highly recommended from several people I know, but I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with them.
    http://www.seismicaudiospeakers.com/...ock-18pair.htm
    My apologies if this is that wrong place for this. By all means, feel free to move it if it is.
    Prosecutors will be violated...

I'd be nervous about buying speakers where they don't provide the frequency response specifications on the manufacturers web site. Plus the customer reviews look like they were typed up by the illiterate kids of Dave from Marketing.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I got one of their ported bass cabs (15" speaker) off ebay a few years ago... it's very nice! And from what I remember, on his ebay auctions, he'll go down 20% off his asking price.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Since you already bought them ill wish you luck. If you have the option of returning them, do it. Seismic is crap bottom of the barrel stuff. You'd could find a used pair of jbl prx 18's for the same price as these. And hell 1 prx 618 would hit as hard as 3 of these seismic in my opinion. Good luck man.

And whoever you talked to that highly recommended Seismic has no idea what they're talking about.
        My Toys:
        '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
        '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
        '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
        '94 Dinky HX in Black
        '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Originally posted by AdRock View Post
          Since you already bought them ill wish you luck. If you have the option of returning them, do it. Seismic is crap bottom of the barrel stuff. You'd could find a used pair of jbl prx 18's for the same price as these. And hell 1 prx 618 would hit as hard as 3 of these seismic in my opinion. Good luck man.

And whoever you talked to that highly recommended Seismic has no idea what they're talking about.
          Well, if I had 2 grand to throw away on subs to use in clubs a couple of times a month to make maybe 50 or 75 bucks on the side, The JBLS would be my choice. However, I do not have that kind of scratch to throw around and I doubt I would if I did unless I was actually making a living playing music, which I don't.
          And the people that I've talked to that highly recommended them, NEVER recommended them as being comparable to a JBL, EV, Yamaha or any other high end manufacturer for that matter. Their recommendation was based on my budget vs bang for the buck. Not because they have "no idea what they are talking about." My money machine broke down years ago, and even when it worked, it was printing bills I couldn't use like this.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Alfred-E.-Neuman-580x243.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	2446873
          Last edited by Robert Hendrix; 01-15-2013, 02:06 PM.

Comment

But seriously folks.. They are slated to arrive on Thursday, we're planning a big outdoor party Saturday, so I'll get to try em out and see just how good or bad they really are. If they suck, I'll return em. Hopefully I'll be satisfied with them and they will be adequate for my needs.. We'll see.

Comment

Dude you paid $699 each if you paid the price in your link. So roughly $1400 bucks for the 2 subs. What if an extra $300 got you into the jbls? That can be done and be miles better. I don't think an extra 3 bills is breaking the bank. Theres some b stock prx 618's on eBay right now for 849 each. That's a good deal and only a little over what you spent anyway. The difference in price is tiny compared to the difference in quality.

I'm not trying to be some gear snob or something. I've just watched wayyyyy too many people give the budget argument and buy cheap. Then end up spending way more in the long run to keep fixing the crap speakers. And still only have crap speakers to show for it.
              My Toys:
              '94 Dinky HX in Black
              '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Dude you paid $699 each if you paid the price in your link. So roughly $1400 bucks for the 2 subs. What if an extra $300 got you into the jbls? That can be done and be miles better. I don't think an extra 3 bills is breaking the bank. Theres some b stock prx 618's on eBay right now for 849 each. That's a good deal and only a little over what you spent anyway. The difference in price is tiny compared to the difference in quality.

I'm not trying to be some gear snob or something. I've just watched wayyyyy too many people give the budget argument and buy cheap. Then end up spending way more in the long run to keep fixing the crap speakers. And still only have crap speakers to show for it.
                Check the link again man.. the $699 was for the PAIR!!

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Hendrix View Post
                  Check the link again man.. the $699 was for the PAIR!!
                  I missed that detail. But you originally asked for experiences in the op. My experience is that you'll most likely be sending one or both of these in for repairs within 6 months if you push them very hard. Especially at an outdoor gig like you're playing. I hope they work well for you though and you don't have issue.
                  Last edited by AdRock; 01-15-2013, 04:48 PM.
                  My Toys:
                  '94 Dinky HX in Black
                  '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

I missed that detail. But you originally asked for experiences in the op. My experience is that you'll most likely be sending one or both of these in for repairs within 6 months if you push them very hard. Especially at an outdoor gig like you're playing. I hope they work well for you though and you don't have issue.
                    Me too. I'm cautiously optimistic I guess. I have seen a couple of local bands that were using SA speakers. Not subs though. I wasn't really paying attention to the speakers at the time, but they didn't sound horrible. Where we're having out party Saturday is WAY out in the country next to a lake so I plan on pushing them pretty hard to see what they do. If they blow, they'll go back.

Comment

So, I got them in yesterday. There was also a third box of cables and stuff that I ordered at the same time that got delayed in shipping which should be in today. Anyway, I unboxed them and looked them over real good for damage ect. I notice the upper left front corner protector had a slight dent in it, obviously from the packaging process because they were very well packed and I doubt it happened in shipment but no big deal for me, it's very minor.
                      I hooked them up in the practice room and they sound AWESOME in there with the volume set at 50% on the back of each cab. I can't wait to hear them outside tomorrow. I'll give a full report after that.

Comment

Well, after an entire weekend of outdoor Rock and Roll debauchery, they speakers did very well. They sounded great and performed without a hiccup all weekend. I'm really impressed with these things for the price. I like the option of using them to power satellite speakers as well, although I doubt I'll ever need to, at least the option is there as a backup in case a power amp fails or something.
                        The cabs are definitely bigger than I was really wanting, but I doubt smaller cabs would sound as full as these so it looks like there is a trailer purchase in my future because my van is now full.. LOL

Comment

Good to hear they are working out for you.
                          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Yes, nice to hear.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                            X