Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have something positive to say (please don't have a heartattack)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have something positive to say (please don't have a heartattack)

So I was complaining early that I would get calls from agencies and then hear nothing back. I am happy to say that I am now working over in Pleasanton, Ca doing tech support for a mortgage software company. It's contract but it's good money and I have some breathing space before having to panic about paying bills etc again.

It seems like it's feast of famine with this stuff no sooner did i go to work there I got an interview with another hospital and the big one I got a call for a possible position with UCSF. Honestly though it's good money it's not really worth the three hour drive going and coming, I don't live that close to SF. But the idea that bigger fish are calling makes me feel like there's at least some positive movement in the work force.

All this is of course contract work, no one seems interested in hiring full time but i'm happy riding out the waves.
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Thats the way it usually goes. Once the dominoes start falling in one direction, they start falling in other directions. I wouldn't be surpised if the other job comes through.-Lou
    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Congrats and ya its amazing how things ebb and flow like that. Heres to hopin ya get brought on solid rather than floating contracts...OR if nothing heres to repeated renewals!
      Haters gonna hate
      Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Congratulations, man!
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Best of luck to you, brother.

Comment

After almost two years of no work (well actually no paid work, care provider was a lot more work then anything else I have ever done) it's nice to be getting a pay check. squared up two debts and have two more to go and then everything is back to normal or as normal as can be.

Of course the first thing I start doing is pricing out Carvins and looking at Jacksons. lol. Guitars to me are like crack to a junkie...
            In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Feed your addiction...and share the pics.
              So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Good to hear. I have a friend who was just laid off less than a month ago. He's freaking out on how is he going to pay for everything.

Comment

Glad you are back to work its tough out there.I have 2 friends that work in the medical IT field.
                  Their jobs just went to a contract deal too.Lots of hospitals are going that route seems like.
                  I couldn't justify driving that far either with the price of gas these days.You would be better off with the deal you have now unless the money is that much better at that other job.
                  Rent a place and stay thru the week and go home on the weekends might work too.
                  Glad you found something anyway.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Nice to hear something positive. its a good feeling to have a paycheck in your hand again.
                    -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Working...
                    X