New AR build. Home defense SBR.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New AR build. Home defense SBR.

A friend of mine from High School got a job at Daniel Defense and hooked me up with a great discount on this factory Mk18.

Daniel Defense Mk18
    Geissele SSA-E trigger
    Aimpoint T-1 w/ LaRue absolute co-witness QD mount
    Matech rear/DD front BUIS
    Surefire mini-Scout light
    TangoDown stubby VFG

I keep it loaded with Speer 55gr GDHP's with the Aimpoint always on. Good thing T-1's have a battery life of like 5 years of constant use.

Still waiting on my Surefire suppressor to transfer and it'll be complete.

Nice piece of hardware DRM.-Lou
    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

That's sweet. How long did it take for the tax stamp to go through? Also, who did your paint job? Must be nice to have an inside line on Daniel Defense gear.

Comment

I painted it myself. It took just over 5 months.

And it doesn't hurt having grown up 20 minutes from DD. A lot of my friends are CNC guys and one of them from baseball works in their sales department. He can give MIL/LEO discouns that will blow your mind.

Comment

And painting like that takes about 15 mins and all you need is Krylon and something for a stencil. I like using pine straw because of how it breaks up the outline. It's how I paint guns for work and it is very effective. A lot of guys just use mesh laundry bags for a snake skin look.

I'll paint guns for the cost of shipping. I do it all the time for my friends who hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by LouSiffer View Post
            Nice piece of hardware DRM.-Lou
            Thanks, bro.

Dave

Comment

Is the tape on the mag for grip?
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                Is the tape on the mag for grip?
                It's a trick I learned in Ranger School. When the mag is empty, having the tape wrapped tightly around the base of the mag prevents the follower spring from rattling around. It's a standard in a lot of units these days to make Soldiers wrap their mags in 100mph tape and make a loop of paracord so that it's easier to remove the mag from their pouches. It's the same concept as the Magpul.

Comment

Nice SBR.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                    Nice SBR.
                    Word. I still have an itch for an 11.5" SBR, but I need a good bolt-action before I get too excited about another AR. My Benelli needs a companion, too...

Comment

Working...
                    X