Military 03A3 sniper version.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military 03A3 sniper version.

I love vintage military rifles and have had quite a few.
    303 Enfields of several types,Russian 91/30's, Sten sub guns etc.
    Found this one today its a sniper version of the 03A3.Mfg by Remington approx date is 1945 best guess.
    Has the Herter's muzzle brake and correct 1945 Weaver scope Redfield military scope mount.Original military stock.
    The guy I got it from has a huge collection of WW II and Korean war items.This was used in the Korean war in the 50's.
    Solid gun and has some battle scars. Can't wait to do some long range shooting with it.
    Was just online talking with a Korean war vet buddy of mine and he said he packed one just like it and said its a hell of a great gun.
    I was curious why no marking on the top of the receiver with the Remington name and he said military guns never had the markings on them just just the circle R marks on the receiver and bolt which this one has.
    Last edited by straycat; 01-28-2013, 08:59 PM.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Pics

Here are a few.
    Attached Files

Comment

That gives me a boner.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
        I was curious why no marking on the top of the receiver with the Remington name and he said military guns never had the markings on them just just the circle R marks on the receiver and bolt which this one has.
        It should be marked to the sides of the scope mount. The receiver and bolt should be parkerized. The serial number should be on the other side. Lots of things that aren't correct.

Real A4's with DCM/CMP papers are worth $$$$$.

Probably a nice shooter, but it's not original. Sorry if that bursts your bubble. This is one of the most faked guns out there.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I love old battle rifles too!!! Very nice 03A3!!!

My CMP Springfield Garand and my Remington 03A3 with pig stickers attached.

My Winchester M1 Carbine with it's pig sticker attached.

My early Japanese Type 99 Short Arisaka recently aquired.

My Finnish M27 Mosin Nagant. I really wish these rifles could talk just so I could know where they've been...

Comment

You know, the way the front of the receiver is I'm wondering if it weren't something like a National Ordnance receiver that someone scrubbed the markings off of.

Couple of pictures of my Remington receiver for you straycat.

Last edited by Razor; 01-28-2013, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Gtwgits
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

LOL Ron I figured you were going to say something.
                Xeno you are probably right and his story was most likely BS but after having it all apart tonight everything but the muzzle brake are Remington parts.The stock is an original as well so I'm calling it a good buy.
                Should be a fun shooter anyway.
                Thanks for all the info guys I appreciate it.

Comment

Sorry for the off topic question (it is gun related).

I've been stocking up on PPU 9 mm Luger ammo 115 gr. I haven't been able to try it out yet. Is this stuff any good? It's all WalMart has, about $15 for 50 rounds, and I'm up to 9 boxes of the stuff.

Just wondering if I should keep stocking up or if I should stop until I find out if it is good or not.

It's for my Barretta M92A and a Luger.

Thanks.

Comment

I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with it. They're really nice rifles. I wanted one but they got too expensive. I almost bought an A4 with CMP papers back around 1990 for $1250. I'm sure that rifle is worth about $6k now.
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Never tried that brand I would shoot some first to see if it feeds right.
                      If you can find some British surplus 9mm its a good buy.My Glock 19 seems to function fine with it.
                      Price went up on the surplus I was looking at.Its at $374.00 for 1250 rounds

Comment

I'm surprised some of you guitar DIY guys aren't making your own ammo. I've only rolled my own shotgun rounds but it was a nice relaxing thing to do the evening before going to trap shoot.
                        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                          Sorry for the off topic question (it is gun related).

I've been stocking up on PPU 9 mm Luger ammo 115 gr. I haven't been able to try it out yet. Is this stuff any good? It's all WalMart has, about $15 for 50 rounds, and I'm up to 9 boxes of the stuff.

Just wondering if I should keep stocking up or if I should stop until I find out if it is good or not.

It's for my Barretta M92A and a Luger.

Thanks.
                          Prvi is supposed to be pretty good stuff. I know a quite a few reloaders who use their brass and such.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
                            Prvi is supposed to be pretty good stuff. I know a quite a few reloaders who use their brass and such.
                            Cool, good to know. I'll hit up WalMart and buy another 3 boxes

Comment

Don I found some Fiocchi 9mm the other day for $12.00 a box.I bought the last 5 boxes they had. My Wal Marts are out of most ammo now but I keep checking. The guy said they are getting more but it hasn't come in yet and not sure when.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by straycat; 01-30-2013, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X