Super Bowl or Super Sham??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
    On a lighter note, the guitar player for Beyonce was rocking a Jackson Rhoads. It was shooting flames or sparks and the smoke made it hard to see the headstock but it looked like it said Jackson to me.
    Really? I did not know this, because of ALL THE OTHER THREADS ABOUT IT!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
      i agree hendrix in any form, anywhere, never gets old, but have you heard of ESPN Classic? all the thousands of boxed sets of series past in all sports that are in stores? there's plenty of
      throwback viewing sports lunatics. trust me. i'm one of those morons.
      same here. I have a box set of all of Hawthorn Hawks's 10 championship AFL/VFL Grand Finals. Still particularly enjoy watching the 1989 Grand Final. And I still yell at the tv even though the game was decided 23 years ago.

My boy & I watched a highlights retrospective on Liverpool FC's 100 best matches a few weeks back. We didn't watch it all, but got through about 20 games. Some classic moments & tragic haircuts. Remember when all the white guys had undercut bowls & the black guys had wedges? Ah, the 90s.

I still like watching classic basketball matches. Watching someone like Michael Jordan or Wilt Chamberlain or John Stockton at their peak is like watching Nureyev or Fonteyn. The grainy footage & limited camera angles, audio, graphics & replays don't detract at all from their brilliance.

Sport isn't about gambling for me. Never has been, and betting your house on the outcome of a game adds no enjoyment or excitement. I'm into it for the beauty of the performance, perseverance against the odds, the triumph of the little guy(s) against an unbeatable opponent, the brilliance of that once-in-a-lifetime unstoppable perfect storm of a team. All the stories that make a good movie re-watchable or a book re-readable can totally apply to sports.
      Originally posted by RacerX View Post
      HA!!
      Hail yesterday

Comment

error
        Last edited by LouSiffer; 02-04-2013, 08:38 PM.
        " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

I occasionally still watch game 5&6 of the 1994 Stanley Cup Finals. Can't do game 7, it hurts too much.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I was so shitfaced all I remember about the game was the lights going out...

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
              Well at least it wasnt a bad enough offense to warrant the "I love old news" picture.

Comment

I blame Obama for the brownout during the game. He heard about the QBs "firing shots" and figured they were talking about guns, so he had to send his Freedom Fighters to fight against someone's freedoms. Took 35 minutes to explain it to him in Swahili so he could understand it.

Then again, one of Beeyotche's entourage probably hit a junction box, since they're all above-ground in N.O.

Or maybe everyone who had switched off the game when it looked like a blowout heard the 49ers were staging a comeback and switched back en masse, causing a massive drain.

Or everyone switched from AC to heat because of the whacky N.O. "winter" weather.

Or some mischevious 49ers fans wanted to give their guys an extended breather so they could get their heads in the game, or to ice the Ravens' hot streak.

Also coulda been a hacker group trying to patch into the live video feed and hit the power instead. Or on purpose.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                  same here. I have a box set of all of Hawthorn Hawks's 10 championship AFL/VFL Grand Finals. Still particularly enjoy watching the 1989 Grand Final. And I still yell at the tv even though the game was decided 23 years ago.

My boy & I watched a highlights retrospective on Liverpool FC's 100 best matches a few weeks back. We didn't watch it all, but got through about 20 games. Some classic moments & tragic haircuts. Remember when all the white guys had undercut bowls & the black guys had wedges? Ah, the 90s.

I still like watching classic basketball matches. Watching someone like Michael Jordan or Wilt Chamberlain or John Stockton at their peak is like watching Nureyev or Fonteyn. The grainy footage & limited camera angles, audio, graphics & replays don't detract at all from their brilliance.

Sport isn't about gambling for me. Never has been, and betting your house on the outcome of a game adds no enjoyment or excitement. I'm into it for the beauty of the performance, perseverance against the odds, the triumph of the little guy(s) against an unbeatable opponent, the brilliance of that once-in-a-lifetime unstoppable perfect storm of a team. All the stories that make a good movie re-watchable or a book re-readable can totally apply to sports.

HA!!
                  i have all kinds of sports stuff to watch. i love gambling and handicapping, but i never never spent the living money on that, i spent that money on drugs Gary, i'm not crazy, haa haa!!
                  the more you follow the spreads and point totals, prop bets, etc. the more you see how pro sports are rigged. as is everything else in the world, including elections, jobs, every fuckin' thing.
                  that's a fact people.
                  Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Working...
                  X