Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

J-1 visa employers in the US? Could anyone help a JCFer out? :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J-1 visa employers in the US? Could anyone help a JCFer out? :)

Hey guys! I am coming to the States for the first time this summer. I have signed up for this work&travel student program sponsored by CCUSA that gives me a J-1 working visa for 4 months (June-September) and 30 days grace period for travelling after.

The thing is that I have to find a job on my own. I have started googling & emailing on my own already, but no luck yet. It's hard to get in touch with managers/employers directly as well, since most of the companies take applications through their own registrations web forms and those most often than not require social security number, which I get only after getting there.

I was just wondering if anyone maybe knew of anyone or any place which is known to take international students over the summer? Would be much easier if I knew which companies to contact really. The job in question would be of seasonal nature...think restaurant, bar, retail, hotel, theme park jobs etc.

Any tips GREATLY appreciated!

sigpic
    Action Jackson

Comment

TOOKER JERB!

Whereabouts are you landing, Naz?
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Haha, expected such a reply!

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
        Whereabouts are you landing, Naz?
        I can choose any place in USA. If I had to pick, I'd choose a big city. I always dreamed of being in Cali, but I'm not limited to that now.

Comment

Well then, I wouldn't recommend it, but LA is about as big as you can get here. (NYC a close second). But in LA, you'd be really close to a lot of great guitar makers!

Comment

See if Jackson do a quarterly internship!!
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
              See if Jackson do a quarterly internship!!
              Got to be worth a punt. You never know till you ask...
              So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Working...
              X