if you had $1000 what would you buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if you had $1000 what would you buy?

that is the question. I ask because i'll be looking for something new in a few months.right now i have a charvel 1a nice guitar just looking for something else. i've been playing for about 8 months so still not that good yet but getting better every month. with so much out there i thought i'd ask you guys. sure theres gonna be lots of different answers but i bet there will be 5 or 6 everyone would agree on. thanks for the help

What's your music style your going for?

Comment

I'll use my powers of observation and assume you like classic metal. You have an old Charvel Model 1 and your name is "heavymetal13".

What kind of guitar do you like? If I had a grand to blow on a guitar, I'd try to find an RR24M.
      "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

hmmm well i like classic rock,blues and metal. i have the charvel because it was $150. i used heavymetal13 mainly so i can remember it.

Comment

MIJ Pro. Neckthru, ebony, MOP, and binding. Be it soloist, kelly, rhoads, whatever.

Comment

Personally, I'd get a used Soloist.
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
              Personally, I'd get a used Soloist.

Yes the soloist is the perfect every style jackson. H/S/S and cool enough for metal and classic enough for jazz.

Comment

get a korean for 5 hours and a new set of strings?

Comment

Originally posted by pickford1625 View Post
                  get a korean for 5 hours and a new set of strings?
                  No that comment isnt offensive at all. Jackass

Comment

IMHO...Classic rock blues and metal? I'd take a look a the new hard tail dinkys they displayed at the recent NAMM show. I like the hard tail just for the tuning flexibility. I also like 24 frets. If I get talked out of a PRS, I'm planning on getting one myself.

Comment

Hardtails still need to be setup for whatever tuning you use.
                      Last edited by Axegrinder87; 02-11-2013, 01:46 AM.
                      "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Guess I'm thinking more of if you need to drop a half step or drop tuning during the gig you won't have to have another guitar. Don't get me wrong, I love me a floyd, but I also love the flexibility of alternate tuning s on the fly. Dtuna not withstanding..

Comment

There's nothing "on the fly" about detuning an entire guitar on stage between songs. And if I had to listen to the lead singer talk while I tuned a guitar every night, I'd end up quitting.

I suppose dropping a low string isn't so bad.

Comment

I got a 21/2 year old mint MM Petrucci for $999!

A good nick 2nd hand soloist sounds about right for me too.
                            Last edited by shramiac; 02-11-2013, 02:38 AM.
                            www.vvforums.com

Comment

Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post
                              There's nothing "on the fly" about detuning an entire guitar on stage between songs. And if I had to listen to the lead singer talk while I tuned a guitar every night, I'd end up quitting.

I suppose dropping a low string isn't so bad.
                              lol agreed - maybe for practice not for gigging - also agree with setting up the guitar for the specific tunings, heavier gauge strings etc...so I guess it really boils down to his preference and what he's gonna use it for.

always liked this @ 2:05

Comment

Working...
                              X