Muscle Cars!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muscle Cars!

Let's give the guns a rest and talk about real firepower!
    They're thin on the ground over here, but a passion of mine nontheless.
    And the big question is - Ford, Mopar or GM?

Originally posted by Snoogans View Post
    And the big question is - Ford, Mopar or GM?
    Are you kidding me? No question:

I'm car 91 and I was racing a 2010 modified Vette. I was spanking his ass until the end of the 1/4 when I ran out of top end.
    Last edited by DonP; 02-17-2013, 08:40 AM.

Comment

sigpic
      Action Jackson

Comment

Hell thats easy.
        Attached Files
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

The 87 Monte Carlo SS is still a work in progress. Don't have good pics of mine but let me dig up one similar... OK, this one is virtually identical to mine. Mine has a rare gray interior instead of red, and full center console. Has a '69 350 4 bolt while the original 43K mile 305 HiPo resides in storage.
          Last edited by Cygnus X1; 02-17-2013, 09:23 AM. Reason: Double post of pic...can't get rid of it!

Comment

I'm a Mopar guy but Ford and GM made some killer muscle cars.I like them all.
            I like cars that look all rusted up but pop the hood,look underneath and its all business.
            http://youtu.be/96Hv_jRQMv8
            Last edited by straycat; 02-17-2013, 09:22 AM.

Comment

I am still in love with Third-Gen F-body GM's (GTA's and IROCS). I still have a 1990 GTA in the garage with 79K miles on it, but I might sell it because it is rarely driven.

Mustangs look nice but I've never owned a Ford product.

Comment

I liked my 09 Mustang just fine.
                V 6 with K&N cold air intake and 75 hp performance chip.
                Traction control made it handle really well.

Comment

My 2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca with TracKey installed.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00856.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	2446986

Not a 1/4 mile straight line only car, but will run sub 12 1/4 mile stock. But, it's built for the track.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCMxgoWaq9Q
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdR0qTzbUUU (skip the pointless burnouts/drifting crap in the middle)

Comment

I was always partial to GM as that is what I was mostly around. However, fast is fast no matter what brand it is. I love all 3 of the pony cars that are out now. Camaro= OK exterior/best interior, Challenger=Best Exterior/bland interior, Mustang= Good interior/good exterior.

Here are a few of the cars I have had worth mentioning:

73 Challenger with 340 4-speed. This car was cherry when dad won it in a poker game. It lasted 9 days before I flipped it on its top in a creek bed. Never give a 16 year old a car like that!

72 Olds Custlass 442. It was a 455 car stroked to I think 492 or 493 inches.

87 Buick GNX.

88 IROC with 383 stroker and Ford 9" rear.

88 Fiero GT with 3.4 liter and twin turbos

79 Z28. This wasn't a hot rod per se, but, my uncle bought it new in 79 and sold it to me in 95 with 28k on the odometer. Someone stole the whole car back in the early 80's just for the 8 track tape deck. -Lou
                    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Originally posted by Spiderman View Post
                      My 2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca with TracKey installed.

Not a 1/4 mile straight line only car, but will run sub 12 1/4 mile stock. But, it's built for the track.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCMxgoWaq9Q
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdR0qTzbUUU (skip the pointless burnouts/drifting crap in the middle)

That's sick!
                      Outstanding, I see the Spiderman theme.

Comment

Back in the day, I had the following:

'69 Dodge Charger
                        '68 Dodge Charger
                        '70 Dodge Dart GT
                        '69 Plymouth GTX

I gotta find a pic of the '68 I have somewhere...
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Back in the day I had a '71 Mach 1, a '73 Mach 1, and a '92 Mustang LX 5.0.
                          I consider the Monte Carlo SS a notch in history.
                          Not exactly a muscle car but a lot of potential.

Comment

Oh yeah, I had a LX5.0 also! 5 speed and very light.
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Back in about '90 I had just married my first wife and we went car shopping. Ran across an '89 Mustang coupe in the back lot that nobody seemed to want. Turns out it was a one of a kind GT coupe. We got the car and had it about a year before we unfortunately parted ways in the divorce (the car, I was happy to be rid of the wife). Wish I had pics.
                              In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Working...
                              X