No announcement yet.

Muscle Cars!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It don't get any better than this.............................

Comment

I have a '66 Ford Fairlane GTA sitting in my shop... I'm going to pull the 390GT (S-Code from a '69 Mustang) from my '61 Thunderbird and drop it in the Fairlane for the summer.

I sold my '67 Mercury Comet 289... too much rust.

sigpic
      Action Jackson

Comment

Ive got an 88 Pontiac TransAm GTA and a 92 Trans Am convertible, but they both need some work, so in the mean time, heres another toy I picked up last year. Needed some work and got it running a few months ago... have been having a blast with it!

1998 Pontiac Trans Am, put an iron block 6.0L in it, Longtube headers and ORY through a Magnaflow and some other goodies. Pulling the rear the next few nice days we have for some 3.73s and full rear suspension. I love me some f-bodys!
        Attached Files
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

420-ish BHP right now. OS Giken TCD 1.5 Limited Slip Diff going to be installed next week... this is the only thing Jag should have done, but Ford wanted the Jaguar to be a definitive step down from an Aston Martin.

Stage 2 Twin Screw upgrade kit has been purchased and is almost ready to ship. I'll install this after I've installed the upgraded intercooler pump and LSD, though I'll run it as Stage 1 until I get the carbon fiber 75mm intake that I want...

After I'm done it'll be 560-580bhp and street legal. I don't want to run on race fuel, so I don't think I'll push it much past 580. But... I wouldn't mind pushing it past 500 RWHP, but I won't hold my breath.

Oh, here's what is gonna be installed next week... the Super Lock diff and an upgraded intercooler pump:

Last edited by xenophobe; 02-17-2013, 05:38 PM.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Heres my last one, 89 LX, 306 5 speed, Kenne bell supercharged.

Comment

That's why...I guess until I get a blown 4xxx(whatever!) in that Monte Carlo...I shy away from these threads.
              Which, TBH, I'm not "going there".
              Too many of those cars were totally screwed with and street/stripped to death.
              Some mods and 300+ HP is all it needs to be badass enough for me.

Same with the Mach 1's.
              Heavy cars.
              351C was a powerful but slow off-the-line engine.
              But so cool to see!

And what happened to all of those 88 to 92 Mustangs?
              They were EVERYWHERE, now I literally see just a few.

Let me grab a couple clone shots of what I'm talking about:
              Well crap, I cannot find even a decent Internet pic of the 92 LX.

But at least this 71 Mach 1 is nearly identical to the one I had:

I see three issues though.
              The actual paint had a flat black "NASA" hood.
              The locks were not original to the Mach 1's, only to the Boss 429's afaik, and the mirrors are supposed to be color keyed (yellow in this case).

Took mine to a Mustang show judged by amatuers who passed my original over for a fake.
              It was a fastback that someone had applied Mach 1 stickers to.
              Damn thing didn't even have the hood scoops or the honeycomb grille on it!
              But it was shiny!

Last edited by Cygnus X1; 02-17-2013, 08:30 PM.

Comment

I like my guitars, guns and guitars Here are a couple of mine. I'm into the Fords and Mopars. First up is my 93 Mustang LX Coupe. Vortech supercharged 302, Tremec 5 speed, and Ford 9" rear end with 4.11 gears and Detroit Locker. On the chassis dyno it made 560 hp at the rear wheels:

Then there is my 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T:

Rudy
                www.metalinc.net

Comment

Absolutely badass.
                  I'm out!

Comment

nothing's more muscle than this

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

and one of my hobbies is making custom hotwheels models of the Pursuit Special Interceptor and the Outback Interceptor and selling them on ebay (if anyone's interested, check flyingvees on ebay)

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
                    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I still remember back when Mad Max came out there were a bunch of people writing to Hot Rod magazine asking how they can get a button activated supercharger on their car
                      Rudy
                      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Im a ​CHEVY DUDE 150%! Been Drag Racing since the 80's (Untill I got injured) Here's a pic of my old S/G Camaro (Ran 9.70's) & my S/C 32 Spitzer Bantam (Runs 7.70'-8.00's @ 170) ..........

*Kramer Focus 4000 "V" 85' with OFR \m/
                        *Kramer Focus 1000 85' with OFR \m/
                        *Randall RG100ES Full Stack (85') Black Tolex with Matching R412JB & R412JT Jaguar Loaded Cabs "THE "DIME" METAL MONSTER" \m/
                        Randall RG100ES (88') Gray Carpet "THE METAL MONSTER" \m/
                        *Ampeg VH140C HEAD....O.M.G. METAL HEAVEN! \m/
                        *ADA MP-1 (3.666 RECTO/SOLDANO) MOD* \m/
                        *Digitech RP-1 "THE ORIGINAL" \m/
                        *Morley Vai Bad Horsie 2 Wah \m/

​*LONG LIVE THE M-E-T-A-L!" \m/

Comment

Drag racing was my thing way back when.My brother and I were always trying different things to go faster and faster. 99% were Mopars, ET bracket and Super Stock classes. My brother bought a SS/A 68 Cuda from Arlon Vanke (big time Mopar factory racer) and we had a killer time with that car. I bought a rear engine dragster frame(rolling chassis) and a 417 Donovan aluminum Hemi.I ran that for 5 years then our local strip closed down.This is the only pic I have of it.

We sold the Cuda in the red color the new owner put the graphic on it.The body color was candy version of the Cadillac fire mist.
                          It was by far the strongest door slammer I ever drove barr none.Hit fourth gear and it pulled just as hard as second.
                          You had to really peddle that car the first 200 feet or it would get away from you.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by straycat; 02-18-2013, 03:13 AM.
                          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

I do photography for NMCA and NMRA so it's nice to see all the drag race stuff here in this thread. You guys are also bringing back some names with Vanke (Akron Arlon), Donovan motors, etc... I've rode in an open track car for a 20 min lap before and it was awesome but still can't match the thrill of a drag car to me. Drag racing is where it's at
                              Last edited by roodyrocker; 02-18-2013, 08:10 AM.
                              Rudy
                              www.metalinc.net

Comment

here's my favorites-
                                '63 Corvette Convertible
                                '67 Corvette convertible
                                69- GTO-convertible
                                '70- GTO Judge hard top
                                Pontiac 442
                                a Shelby of course, and any GT500 Mustang before 1970
                                the Monkees Car. The Original Bat Mobile, and the Munsters cruising family car.
                                Does it get more American than these? No.
                                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Working...
                                X