Eagle Arms AR 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagle Arms AR 15

A guy called me today and wants to trade, its a pre ban Eagle Arms AR 15 M4.
    From what I have read a while back these are the cream of the crop next to Colt.
    Has the Coal Valley Ill. marking so its before they merged with Armalite.
    Not sure what the price is on these right now.I know back in 2006 they were fetching 2g's.
    Anyone have one?
    Any info would help.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

I know guys that claim they are better than the Colts. I have no experience with them personally.-Lou
    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

The bolt carrier on this one looks like a Colt.
      It has a serial #in the 1800 range so it an older one 30,000 was the cut off for 1986.
      Pretty much a dead on SP-1.

Comment

Need to know if it has a detachable carry handle, barrel length (I'm assuming 16"), does it have retractable stock, and how long is the flash suppressor.

Here's about all the information I have, and this is out of my trusty 2012 Standard Catalog of Firearms "The Collector's Price and Reference Guide". There are five pre-ban models: Golden Eagle, HBAR, SPR, M4C Carbine, and M4A1C Carbine. There is a post ban Golden Eagle model also.

All five of the pre-bans book the same: note, this book was published before the buying madness, but it's still my guide to not overpay.

NIB $1,250.00, Exc $950.00, V.G. $750.00, Good $575.00, Fair $400.00, Poor $225.00

Hope this helps.

Comment

Yep, I refuse to add to the insanity.-Lou
          " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

A2 fixed carry handle,16 in barrel,the flash hider is a serrated version.
            3 position retracting stock.
            Flash hider is pretty much like this but not exactly sure will have to look again.
            Prices are all over the place on these some are parts guns some are factory guns.
            The factory guns have a white stamp on the front of the mag well.This one does not.
            The bolt carrier is open on the bottom like the Colt SP-1's.
            Damn cool gun just don't want to over pay or trade in something and get screwed.
            Its in the $1800.00 buck range so I'm skeptical as to value in these times.
            Some have sold for $900.00 some for $2000.00.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by straycat; 02-28-2013, 10:49 PM.

Comment

If it's a fixed carry handle, retractable stock, and 16" barrel it has to be the M4C Carbine. The book says that the factory flash hider is 4.33" long. All the others have 20" barrels except for the M4A1C which has a detachable carry handle and 16" barrel. The book also says that Eagle Arms was/is a Division of Armalite. Unfortunately, my book doesn't have a picture of one in it, just the description, but I'm sure that's it.

Comment

Yeah I stated it was an M4 carbine.
                I know about the Armalite buy out but that was in the early 90's.
                Flash hider is std length.
                My Colt shorty had the long flash hider IIRC it had 12 in barrel with the 4 in to make it 16 in.
                The Colt had a 1/12 twist rate.

Comment

Working...
                X