sometimes i even surprise myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sometimes i even surprise myself

yes sir i have not had a cigarette in over 12 days now. cold turkey. fuck it. been wanting to quit for a long time.
    finally i just said why give philip morris 7 dollars a day to die? quite simple actually.
    as far as the fallout goes, it's fuckin' nothing in comparison to dope or benzo withdrawals. it's a walk in the park
    actually after the other shit i've had to kick on more than one occaision. try not sleeping a wink for almost 30 straight days.
    that will make you want to cut your own throat.
    just got back from a quick 2 day vegas trip and i didn't crack over there either.
    i'm a fuckin' god damn oak tree is what i am. already feel better from not puffing on those things.
    don't get me wrong, i do love them, i just can't smoke them anymore. let's hope.
    i'm still one humiliation away from imploding an firing one up. we'll see.
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Good luck man. 12 days is a hell of a good start, especially if you made it through a trip to Vegas.

In January I hit ten years without tobacco. The more days I got under my belt, the more that became part of the motivation. As in 'I already made it a week, I'm not going to blow it now'

Comment

you must have piles of money ward. i agree with you, it would be absolutely moronic to start up again
      after walking through all this mud already, but then again, look who's quitting haa haa!!
      not out of the woods yet but i am on a mission

Comment

Stick to it Tommy I have faith in you.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Congrats Tommy!
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Congrats!! Well done. You can do it. If you're feeling like smoking, don't forget that juicy foods also help in the production of dopamine the pleasure hormone that cigarette smoking helps produce. so, eating good food, exercise, will also help you keep the smoking at bay.
            Sam

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
              you must have piles of money ward.
              Nope, now it just goes to guitars & weed instead of cigs. I'm happy with the trade off

Comment

i think weed is healthy for you. for everyone actually. god damn miracle smoke, it's true.

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                  just got back from a quick 2 day vegas trip and i didn't crack over there either.
                  Way to go, Tommy! My hat is off to you, especially about Vegas, that place is a damn dirty ashtray!

Call me if you need support.
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

i need support. i didn't smoke cigs there but i did get fleeced.
                    send money please. thank you ron.

Comment

Comment

Good work Tommy!

<Support>.

Comment

Way to go Tommy, I started quiting on new years day(I finished the last pack I had over the rest of the month). I've been using the nicotine patchs and cut down about a week ago to the lower strength patch. BUT no cigz for over a month now

I always knew that smoking was stupid, but I just didn't feel like quitting yet. I guess I just got ready to do it and it is really nice not worrying about where and when I can smoke! Plus Traci's really happy she doesn't have to deal with it when we're in the car/truck anymore...

You just gave me a great idea!!!! The 50$ a week I was spending on stogies, would build up a decent gear purchase by the end of the year!!!!
                          Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Stay with it bro, it can be done.
                            "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Good job Tommy Hugs sweetie.

Comment

Working...
                              X