Cell phones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cell phones

So I just upgraded to the nokia920 figured it would be a good internet forum type phone since it's a windows 8 phone!Unless I'm missing something it sucks.But aleast it works good as a hotspot.anytime I want to upload pics I have to use the laptop or my galaxy. It is a big mother fucker though.
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

By the way missed the free ones that someone said the government was handing out.lol
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

I had a Samsung Focus (Windows Phone 7.5) and never had issue uploading pics.
      Where are you trying to upload pics too?
      -Rick

Comment

Photobucket and forums yea it won't let you browse pictures.Like on a site when it say select picture it won't let you go to stored pics.My daughter has the Samsung Focus.

Comment

Must be something new in Windows Phone 8.
          I bet you probably have to upload to SkyDrive first.
          -Rick

Comment

Yes it has that SkyDrive which I know nothing about.

Comment

I got the new z10. So far I really like it. Blackberry has done a good job I have to say. I was skeptical......
              -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

I'm still using an old HTC Hero android. Can't handle "advanced" stuff like Flash all that well, and it can't be updated (the old "buy the new model" trick) but it works well enough for my needs for now.

I'm split on the whole "phones getting closer to tablets getting closer to laptops" thing. On the one hand, tablets should have already had phone-ish features from the start, at least in the sense of texting over the same network as the phone instead of relying on open wifi (which are not available everywhere), or at least a built-in laptop connection-type card. On the other hand, I feel a phone should only be used for cops and pizza.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I work with some young guys in their early 20s. One day I left my iphone at home when I came in to work and they started losing it even thinking about not having a cell-phone within reach. It's probably because I work in a call center but my least favorite thing in the world to do is take phone calls.

People get pissed at me when they phone my cell because if I'm not expecting a call I often don't answer it.

It's an alien concept for someone under 25 to consider being 'off the grid' and not immediately reachable or able to share wisdom with the tweeterverse/facespace.
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I almost always have my phone off or leave it at home. The only time I have it is when I need to make a call or am expecting an important call. It pisses people off when they can't reach me, maybe if I had a nice smartphone with internet and cool apps I would carry it around more often, but I kind of like being off the grid.
                    Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
                    Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                      I work with some young guys in their early 20s. One day I left my iphone at home when I came in to work and they started losing it even thinking about not having a cell-phone within reach. It's probably because I work in a call center but my least favorite thing in the world to do is take phone calls.

People get pissed at me when they phone my cell because if I'm not expecting a call I often don't answer it.

It's an alien concept for someone under 25 to consider being 'off the grid' and not immediately reachable or able to share wisdom with the tweeterverse/facespace.
                      I deal with people @ 18-25 all day long and it amazes me how their cellphones are the center of their universe. I will hear how so-and-so called and woke so-and-so up and I'm always asking "why don't you just turn your phone off when you are sleeping" and I always get the same blank stare. I mean for crissakes, turn the phone off, what could be that important! One girl I know told me she sleeps with her laptop on - and FB notifications set to alert - and her phone all next to her in bed, "just in case..." I seriously don't get it. When I am practicing or relaxing - unless I am expecting an important call - I turn the damn thing off, especially when I am going to sleep. I seriously would not miss it if cellphones just disappeared from the face of the earth, but that's just me.

Comment

Yea I turn my off its not my life or doe it have much importance besides being a hotspot or browsing the web is easier with this bigger phone.What gets me this has a world class(for cells) camera and I can't upload direct from the harddrive unless it's to Facebook.blah.

Comment

Working...
                        X