Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you guys seen that Chevrolet announced the return of the Z28?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you guys seen that Chevrolet announced the return of the Z28?

The only thing missing is the return of the mullet!

As an automaker, when you ignite reactions of ecstatic cheers during an auto show reveal, you know you’ve done something right. In the case of Chevy at the New York auto show, they took it a few steps further. The crowd on hand, those on social media, and enthusiasts everywhere erupted in rejoice as General [...]

And on a slightly related note I just saw this on another guitar forum and I nearly peed my pants laughing so hard:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

The funny thing is the last part where they say the Ford fans gasped. Yeah, right! The Mustang has enjoyed a power advantage over the Camaro for years. I'm sure it will continue that way. Ford has been steadily upping the power on the various Mustang models all the way from the 400 hp GT to the mighty Shelby GT 500 at 650 hp. Chevy has a LOT of catching up to do.
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

So let me get this straight, the Z/28 is now the flagship Camaro? Or is the SS gonna get even beefier?
      "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

The video is funny.....shame it was all scripted.....that would have been better. -Lou
        " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Jalopnik article about the video: http://jalopnik.com/that-jeff-gordon...d-is-453519481
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Still ugly as hell and looks nothing like a Camaro of the 60's or 70's
            At least Ford and Chrysler made their current offerings look close to the old ones.
            I had an 09 Mustang and loved it.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
              Still ugly as hell and looks nothing like a Camaro of the 60's or 70's
              At least Ford and Chrysler made their current offerings look close to the old ones.
              I had an 09 Mustang and loved it.
              The origin of the Z/28 nomenclature, AFAIK, is that it was the option code you checked off to order the 302 cubic inch engine in 1967-1969. After that Chevy dropped the 302 and for 1970 they had the 350. Many Camaro diehards will tell you there is no such thing as a true Z/28 after 1969.
              Rudy
              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Many Camaro diehards also have mullets. I prefer my 5 liter in Ford trim anyway...
                "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post
                  Many Camaro diehards also have mullets. I prefer my 5 liter in Ford trim anyway...
                  Hahaha, the original Camaro diehards are a bit too old for Mullets. That would have been more the IROC generation rather than the Z/28 generation that wore their Mullets proudly. Anyway, I agree with you, give me a Mustang!
                  Rudy
                  www.metalinc.net

Comment

Mustangs are great!

If all you want to do is go in a straight line!

Just kidding... sorta xP
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I'm not a huge fan of these mostly because of the ass end. They just look like they got to that part of the design and just slapped something together.

Yet another 500+ HP production car. At this rate the family minivan is going to have 650 HP in a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                        The funny thing is the last part where they say the Ford fans gasped. Yeah, right! The Mustang has enjoyed a power advantage over the Camaro for years. I'm sure it will continue that way. Ford has been steadily upping the power on the various Mustang models all the way from the 400 hp GT to the mighty Shelby GT 500 at 650 hp. Chevy has a LOT of catching up to do.
                        There's the new Shelby Mustang 1000 S/C that has 1200hp... I don't think Ford really cares what's going on with the Camaro at that point!

Comment

If what I saw of the new "conceptual?" Mustang....it is ugly as fuck and looks more like a Pontiac fiero than any stang ever built. PLEASE Ford... Don't bring that atrocity to the sales floor!
                          I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                            Mustangs are great!

If all you want to do is go in a straight line!

Just kidding... sorta xP
                            Well, yeah I love drag racing these cars can be made to handle well but I care about straight line acceleration the most

Originally posted by CMH (OH) View Post
                            I'm not a huge fan of these mostly because of the ass end. They just look like they got to that part of the design and just slapped something together.

Yet another 500+ HP production car. At this rate the family minivan is going to have 650 HP in a few years.
                            I agree, the worst part of the newer Camaros is the back end. On the bright side, that's not a view you're likely to see if you're in a Mustang Oh, and I love the fact that power keeps going up on cars. It's about time!

Originally posted by MetalHeadMat View Post
                            There's the new Shelby Mustang 1000 S/C that has 1200hp... I don't think Ford really cares what's going on with the Camaro at that point!
                            Very true. There's a reason they're called Pony Cars! Mustang invented this segment and led it from day one.

Originally posted by bombtek View Post
                            If what I saw of the new "conceptual?" Mustang....it is ugly as fuck and looks more like a Pontiac fiero than any stang ever built. PLEASE Ford... Don't bring that atrocity to the sales floor!
                            Haven't seen it yet but I hope you're wrong and it doesn't look anything like a Fiero.
                            Rudy
                            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                              Well, yeah I love drag racing these cars can be made to handle well but I care about straight line acceleration the most

I agree, the worst part of the newer Camaros is the back end. On the bright side, that's not a view you're likely to see if you're in a Mustang Oh, and I love the fact that power keeps going up on cars. It's about time!

Very true. There's a reason they're called Pony Cars! Mustang invented this segment and led it from day one.

Haven't seen it yet but I hope you're wrong and it doesn't look anything like a Fiero.
                              OK I retract my Fiero statement...but still...FUGLY!

A different look:

I was wrong...1st pic is of the Ford EVOS...2nd pic is of the new 2015 PRODUCTION Mustang...WHY?!?!?!?!

Last edited by bombtek; 03-28-2013, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X