to the people of boston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
    Tommy, don't give up hope on humanity. Seconds after the blast, note all the selfless people who ran INTO the smoke looking to help out the fallen. As disgusting as the attack is, my heart lifts when I see people putting themselves in harms way to help a stranger.
    This.

Comment

Originally posted by DRM View Post
      I'm no expert, but I have seen IED injuries in the past.

The pic I was sent from a friend at BMP is what you would expect from an explosion either on the ground or just above it, possibly in a container or bag. The theories of a PBIED are unfounded and the injury patterns don't suggest this. I remember being told minutes after it was a suicide vest. No fucking way.
      They believe that back packs containing these devices were placed in trash receptacles and they have been removing ball bearings from many of the victims. The bastards that did this were intent on inflicting serious damage to as many innocent people as possible. As heart breaking as this attack has been, the one ray of hope we can focus on is the number of people who ran toward the explosion site to assist the wounded. At least we know that for every piece of shit coward looking to hurt innocent people, there are dozens of others ready to help and protect us. That is what makes this country great and we should never forget it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kempo Bulldog View Post
        They believe that back packs containing these devices were placed in trash receptacles and they have been removing ball bearings from many of the victims. The bastards that did this were intent on inflicting serious damage to as many innocent people as possible. As heart breaking as this attack has been, the one ray of hope we can focus on is the number of people who ran toward the explosion site to assist the wounded. At least we know that for every piece of shit coward looking to hurt innocent people, there are dozens of others ready to help and protect us. That is what makes this country great and we should never forget it.
        That's right. I saw it first hand in 2001. I was new. Cops came up and said, "anyone with medical training?" I watched a bunch of the people I worked with reach into their drawers for EMT and rescue squad shirts. Unbelievable. It was like watching a room full of supermen and women running into a phone booth. On to the ferry they went, taking the very short ride right to ground zero.

Everyone else stayed behind and prepped the lobby with clean linens and water and stuff for injured people coming the other way-and there were quite a few though less than everyone hoped for- and cheered when the fighters went over. Nobody wanted to leave until the cops said they had to many hours later. NOBODY.

People want to help in this country. The rest of the world shit talks us like we're horrible people, but I've seen it, time and again. Whole country has a little John Wayne in it, and thank God for that.

That's why our military is the best in the world.... They are from US, and we should be proud of them and also proud of ourselves that our society can spawn men and women like that.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
          I was going to say something here about the victims of the explosions in Boston. Thoughts are with them.

But I see this discussion has turned into another "blow the fuck out of our enemies" thread, although it's like swinging punches in the dark at the moment since it's not yet known who is responsible. If it's another Timothy McVeigh, will changes to foreign policy fix it?

Tommy, don't give up hope on humanity. Seconds after the blast, note all the selfless people who ran INTO the smoke looking to help out the fallen. As disgusting as the attack is, my heart lifts when I see people putting themselves in harms way to help a stranger.
          i'm with you G on everything you said. I'm not giving up, i'm just jaded forever from 9-11. watching america take it in the ass on home turf is a blood boiler. boston is one of the last cities you want to fuck with,
          very tough people live there, and they will persevere. i really would like to see the real culprits found no matter who it is. emotions run hot after things like this and naturally we want heads on pikes,
          but after the last fiasco and then going into iraq, well, now in hindsight it was not the right place to go, so here's to finding out who really did this and then welding them to a basement wall, keeping them alive,
          and greeting them each morning for breakfast with a fuckin' Calloway oversized Driver to the head and kneecaps for the rest of their days.

this seems to look like a domestic act at the moment, Al Q. usually likes to take credit for this shit, and no words from those pricks anywhere. again though,
          who fuckin' knows?

and just when will these people please wither away? Seriously, send them to whatever maker they want.

Last edited by atomic charvel guy; 04-16-2013, 10:29 AM.
          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Taken from LF.

GRAY SOLUTIONS

ADVISORY BULLETIN

LINE 1 - TIME OF REPORT: 1330 GMT 16 APR 2013

LINE 2 - LOCATION: Boston, MA, USA

LINE 3 - SITUATION:

Three killed and at least 152 injured in two explosions at the finish line of the Boston Marathon in the United States. Following is
            an update on investigation status.

LINE 4 - DATE: 16 APR 2013

LINE 5 - INFORMATION:

Only two IEDs detonated. Reports from news media of more undetonated devices was false and likely due to many unattended bags left
            at the scene.

POI (Person Of Interest) who is a Saudi citizen in Revere, MA (suburb of Boston) on student visa was interviewed and his apartment
            searched last night / early this morning. He was in the hospital for injuries sustained by shrapnel to his lower extremities. He is
            in protective custody.

GRAY reported yesterday that authorities were search was for a dark skinned / black male in sweatshirt / hoodie carrying backpack(s)
            who is also supposedly a Saudi national or other Arab (perhaps Somali) student. This has turned out to be a solid lead and
            authorities continue the search for this POI.

Authorities were also searching for a yellow Penkse truck. Search continues.

Media reports of "ball bearings" used in the construction of the device was false. Devices were placed in trash bins, likely
            resulting in shrapnel reported by first responders / med techs.

The device appears to have been constructed using black powder and its construction has been described as "crude".

Reports of device at JFK Library was unconnected to BM-15APR attack.

LINE 6 - ANALYSIS:

Media will, and has, breathlessly "analyzed" the events of yesterday's attack and come up with "experts" and retired LEOs. Theories
            and conclusions have been reached that have turned out to be false, along with supposed facts that turned out to be incorrect as
            well (ball bearings, for example).

The 24 hour news cycle places a demand for new information, causing many to sloppily report information as fact when it is not.

Take it with a grain of salt.

Remember the old saying, "No truth in the news; no news in the truth."

LINE 7 - CONCLUSION:

Expect a torrent of media reports to come out about the cause of the injuries, construction of the device, state of the
            investigation, origin of the attackers, followed by talking heads on TV who will claim inside knowledge.

It is important that no one rush to a conclusion - and that includes the media and their experts. Federal and local authorities will
            provide information as soon as they have it locked and solidified.

In the meantime, maintain situational awareness in your area and report to local LEA anything that doesn't fit the pattern you are
            accustomed to observing on a daily basis.

LINE 8 - REPORT NUMBER: CONUS - USA16APR2013

COUNTRY PROFILE

UNITED STATES

The USA is the world's foremost economic and military power, with global interests and an unmatched global reach.

America's gross domestic product accounts for close to a quarter of the world total, and its military budget is reckoned to be
            almost as much as the rest of the world's defense spending put together.

* Full name: United States of America
            * Population: 313 million (UN, 2011)
            * Capital: Washington DC
            * Largest city: New York City
            * Area: 9.8 million sq km (3.8 million sq miles)
            * Major language: English
            * Major religion: Christianity
            * Life expectancy: 76 years (men), 81 years (women) (UN)
            * Monetary unit: 1 US dollar = 100 cents
            * Main exports: Computers and electrical machinery, vehicles, chemical products, food and live animals, military equipment and
            aircraft
            * GNI per capita: US $48,450 (World Bank, 2011)
            * Internet domain: .us
            * International dialing code: +1

GRAY SOLUTIONS - When life isn't black and white | 1776 I Street NW | 9th Floor | Washington | DC | 20006

Comment

If only I was old enough to join the army. almost there.
              Last edited by guitarguy2237; 04-16-2013, 02:42 PM.
              I want a guitar made of ALL abalone. That would be badass. All shellfish should die for my shreddage delight.

Guitar Guy 22345762.9 is Jarek...like from Subway.

Comment

Doctors from hospitals across the city, speaking at separate press conferences Tuesday, described some of the shrapnel in similar ways: Pellets, small BBs, headless nails—projectiles they believe were packed with the bombs. One physician said some patients were hit with dozens of metal bits.

“My opinion is that most of them were in the bomb,” said Dr. George Velmahos, trauma chief at Massachusetts General Hospital. “I think it’s unlikely they would be so consistent if they were pulled out from the environment.”

Dr. David P. Mooney, Boston Children’s Hospital trauma director, described deep shrapnel wounds in a 10-year-old being treated there who is in critical condition.

Dr. Ron Walls, chairman of emergency surgery at Brigham and Woman’s Hospital, gave a similar description of the items found, saying that nails about 1 centimeter long and small objects about twice the volume of BBs were removed from several patients. The items “clearly were designed to be projectiles that were built into the device.”

At Boston Medical Center, Dr. Andrew Ulrich said the shrapnel “could be described as buckshot.”
                Last edited by Kempo Bulldog; 04-16-2013, 07:05 PM.

Comment

I am so happy with how this worked out.

Fuckhead #1 was ran over after being shot, and Fuckhead #2 spent over 20 hours having to run and hide in terror after being shot in last nights firefights. He spent hours on a boat bleeding and being shot at/flashbanged like there was no tomorrow.

Time for a glass of Jameson. My sincerest appreciation to the men and women on scene for their tireless efforts to deliver justice and my condolences to the residents of Boston for having to go through this ordeal. If anyone knows of any charities I can donate to for the injured, let me know.

Comment

Students of history, Chechnya is an absolute cesspool of "diversity" that we want nothing to do with.
                    I would hope these clowns were independent.
                    If not, we are in for a world of sh*t that even Russia doesn't want to deal with.

Hmmm.
                    Kind of like Afghanistan if you stop and think about it.
                    A problem that will never be solved.
                    Last edited by Cygnus X1; 04-19-2013, 08:47 PM.

Comment

I am so happy with how this worked out.

Fuckhead #1 was ran over after being shot, and Fuckhead #2 spent over 20 hours having to run and hide in terror after being shot in last nights firefights. He spent hours on a boat bleeding and being shot at/flashbanged like there was no tomorrow.

Time for a glass of Jameson. My sincerest appreciation to the men and women on scene for their tireless efforts to deliver justice and my condolences to the residents of Boston for having to go through this ordeal. If anyone knows of any charities I can donate to for the injured, let me know.
                      Another forum gave a link to the scanner that captured the action.
                      I broke the news to my wife before the media got it.
                      I wanted the younger one to be taken alive, might give some info.
                      HRT got him and maybe we can get what we need.

Comment

I work at MGH and just glad this shit is over.

We have a lot of good people who took a lot more hours this week to help where needed. The patient care staff is exhausted.

Do me a favor, If you see a nurse and or health care aid sitting in a bar or coffee shop, and you have a few extra bucks, buy them a drink.
                        No matter if it's MA or anywhere, just send out a thanks for doing this stuff day in and out.

I hope this guy stays alive for a long time. Hopefully rotting in a very small cell.
                        Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Flatpicker,

Thank you.

Comment

Flatpicker,

Thank you.
                            Thanks, But, I'm just the IT staff.
                            I'll pass it on to those who actually work for a living.
                            Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Considering how much time my family spends at MGH for various things, thank you, and you deserve the thanks. Keeping the IT infrastructure (and patient gateway, I imagine?) of MGH going must be a lot of work.

I'm so glad this week is over. It's been exhausting.
                              Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
                                I hope this guy stays alive for a long time. Hopefully rotting in a very small cell.
                                No, that would be too good for him. What needs to happen is for this fucker to be given the electric chair or better yet hung in public at the scene of his terror attack on television for all the world to see. That is after he has been water boarded within an inch of his life, and given us all the useful information that we need. Maybe when this country gets some ball sack back will we be able to show the rest of these fuckers out there that we're not to be trifled with.

Great job by all the agencies involved in a very quick identification and take down of these two worthless pieces of shit! I'm very impressed with the prompt medical attention that was given to the victims, and the investigation in my opinion could not have handled any better either.

Comment

Working...
                                X