Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What’s the best free antispyware and antivirus programs for PCs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, after a little researcher, I figured out that the MS SE was renamed Windows Defender for Windows 8. And luckily I didn’t delete it from the system, just disabled. Actually, I don’t think there was a way to delete it. So that’s running as well as the Adblocker Plus for Chrome. So, we’ll see how that does. I still have SuperAS on there, but if it ain’t doing nothing, I’ll remove it.

I’ll see if I can download MS SE for my home PC w Win 7 and see if I can get that weird ad-bot out of my it.

BTW, the stuff I have been using was working pretty good until recently, and I think most of those programs were from this forum. So thanks then and now, JCFr's!
    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Windows SE and firewall are actually really decent products.

I use them both, but I also scan with Spybot and Malwarebytes.

Comodo is good but I haven't used that in ages. Avast is a good product. Norton is good if you're willing to pay for it, but judging how many other free products out there, it's unnecessary.

I also use CCleaner to clean temp files and for registry cleaning, Steven Gould's CleanUP! to clear temp files and Auslogic Defrag for defragging.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
      X