Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling a car - guy wants to paypal me and have a shipper pick it up

Should I be concerned?

Guy is buying my $5000 GTA for his cousin?

Is this a craigslist scam?

Thanks for the help.

The cynic in me says yes.
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Any of those douchebags who want you to deal with their "shipper" or their "mover" instead of a face-to-face cash transaction are scammers.

Comment

I'd bet money he calls the car "The item" also.

Reverse-scam him.

Comment

The phone number he has been texting me from is (571) 969-3902. I've called it twice, and it goes to a google subscriber voicemail that has never been set up. He just texted me again - I told him cash in person.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
            I'd bet money he calls the car "The item" also.
            No but he used the phrase "I can only pay you via one of the fastest and secure way to pay".

Comment

I told him I don't have paypal, and he comes back with "this is how you set it up". Very pushy guy determined to buy my car that he's only seen in a craigslist ad.

Comment

Total Scam.... report the number to the internet police.
                sigpic
                Action Jackson

Comment

It is a total scam Don. Craigslist even has a post about these types of scams on their site.-Lou
                  " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

This is a great reference:

Guide to avoiding common fraud that is all over the internet such as fake escrow sites. Learn what to look for and how to keep yourself from becoming a victim.

Main page on selling your vehicle: http://www.carbuyingtips.com/sellused.htm
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

You have to think to yourself, how can someone buy a car without looking at it first...? yet they do it on ebay everyday.

sigpic
                      Action Jackson

Comment

Working...
                      X