No announcement yet.

RIP Hanneman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watching him play at Clash of the Titans in 1991 is the reason I started playing guitar in the first place. I always wanted to thank him in person for that

Comment

RIP Jeff, was he a nice person n was King an arrogant prick in person? Question for those that have met them. King just sort of seems that way.
      USA Jackson RR1
      Charvel Model 6
      Jackson Performer-2
      Orange Dark Terror
      EVH 5150 LBX
      Hello Senòr

Comment

Rip, this is really sad...
        Check my bands!
        www.myspace.com/magicktr
        www.myspace.com/sinif64
        www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Ugh!!

Comment

I was fortunate enough to see them at Clash of the Titans in high school, then close the loop with American Carnage in '10 catching his pick in the process. Of the "Big Four", Slayer was the only of them all that stayed "true to the sound" from start to finish.

Slayer without Lombardo isn't quite Slayer, but without Jeff, it's not Slayer at all. Thus, the tragedy is doubled, as we have lost a great musician and we have lost one of the most important bands of the genre. Both will be missed to say the least.
            '02 Jackson KV2
            '92 Jackson Rhoads PCS
            '92 Jackson Rhoads Tribute

Comment

One site said he died of liver failure following spider bite. R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by superduty01 View Post
                Watching him play at Clash of the Titans in 1991 is the reason I started playing guitar in the first place. I always wanted to thank him in person for that

I saw that tour too, and still to this day it's my all-time single-favorite concert.

Rest in peace now, Hanneman.

Comment

RIP Slayer.........

Comment

Originally posted by Accept2 View Post
                    RIP Slayer.........
                    I agree. Too bad Kerry King will be the usual asshole he is and continue on with only 1/2 of Slayer and act like it's a good thing.

Comment

That's F'd up..with a fuggin' spider.

I'm a recluse..but I kill the spiders.

I love Slayer as a unit. I'm not a big fan of any particular member, with the exception of Dave Lombardo.

Kerry will be Kerry..he doesn't hide it. Actually they all speak their mind. The most humble seemed to be Jeff. All the Hate-God stuff is straight from Kerry. These are facts.

Gary Holt is awesome..but he's Gary Holt. He is the perfect pick to attempt to full those shoes. IMO

I gotta be honest..Slayer lost me with their last couple. I like Christ Illusion..unfornately (I guess) the Kerry songs.
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I know we're not supposed to talk bad about the deceased and all that, but as much I love JH as a musician, and as much as KK is a prick and all that, one thing that's very unsettling with me is that Jeff was a HUGE Nazi fan. I am not sure if the whole band was on that wagon or not. On GC or some other mag, there was an article where they showed his den where he has all sort of Nazi memorabilia and had named his two big dogs after Nazi general names and he said that he was fascinated by all that Nazi shit.
                        Sam

Comment

He wasn't a Nazi "fan" per say. He collected WWII memoribilia since I believe his father and uncles served in the war and brought a lot of stuff back, and he became fascinated with it.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

$12 on the Slayer fans
                              "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                                Seriously? The guy is dead! Leave him alone for fucks sake! damn westboro church!
                                Sam

Comment

Working...
                                X