Studies show women find men more attractive if they hold a guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studies show women find men more attractive if they hold a guitar

(Medical Xpress)—Two independent studies have found that women find men more attractive if they are holding a guitar. The first one, conducted by researchers in France was based on a young man asking strangers for a date—their results are outlined in an article they've had published in Psychology of Music. In the second study researchers used Facebook Friend requests to gauge guitar holding attractiveness. Their results have been detailed in an article they've had published in Letters on Evolutionary Behavioral Science.

Two independent studies have found that women find men more attractive if they are holding a guitar. The first one, conducted by researchers in France was based on a young man asking strangers for a date—their results are outlined in an article they've had published in Psychology of Music. In the second study researchers used Facebook Friend requests to gauge guitar holding attractiveness. Their results have been detailed in an article they've had published in Letters on Evolutionary Behavioral Science.

In the first study, researchers from Université de Bretagne-Sud, France enlisted the assistance of a young "good looking" male volunteer. He was asked to approach 300 young women on the street, tell them he thought they were pretty and ask for their number. During 100 of the encounters he carried a guitar, another 100 times a gym bag and the other 100 times nothing at all. In tabulating the results, the researchers found that women gave their number to the young man 31 percent of the time when he was holding a guitar, but only 14 percent of the time when he was carrying nothing. When he was holding a gym bag, he got a number just 9 percent of the time.

In the second study, researchers from Israel's Ruppin Academic Center, created two Facebook accounts for an "attractive" young man—in one account the profile picture showed him holding a guitar, in another he was not. The researchers then sent out Friend requests to 100 young women who listed themselves as single on their profile. They found that 14 out of 50 requests were accepted if the young man was pictured holding a guitar, while only 5 out of 50 were accepted if he appeared without the guitar. In a follow-up, the researchers repeated the experiment in the same way except they used a female model and sent requests to single men. Interestingly, they report that a woman holding a guitar did not appear to change the likelihood of having her Friend request accepted. Thus, it appears that guitar holding only works to boost male attractiveness.

None of the researchers can say for sure why it is that women appear to find men holding a guitar more attractive, though the French team has a theory—they suggest it's because women view men who play guitar as having more intellectual or physical abilities.

IT's true

Comment

Yeah I've been on to this for years. It's totally legit. However the quality of the woman will be so so.
      HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

@ picture
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Notice it makes no mention of holding a bass. LOL!

Comment

Ha ha, that would explain all the hot pussy mick mars scored
              Jackson KV2
              Jackson KE1T
              Jackson KE1F
              Jackson SL1

Comment

This still holds true. A little bit ago I was hanging out a chicks house, she had an acoustic and told me to play something. I did AND got laid that night too! I'm not gonna lie, I thought getting chicks by playing guitar was a myth, so I played just because I liked it and had a passion for it.

I'm still kind of shocked how easy it was to get laid, it makes all the hours of practicing and perfecting my playing worth it.
                Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
                Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

No shit.
                  -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

The sad part is that it HAS to be an acoustic!
                    Shredding my ass off never got me anywhere.
                    Guess I'm 30 years late for that...

Strum a Dm7 and they're melting away, sweep that chord over 2 octaves and they won't give a shit.
                    So much about perfecting your playing being worth it.
                    tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

My other signature says something funny

Comment

Ahhh, strumming the acoustic guitar in front of the ladies...Belushi knew how to take care of that! Watch the latter portion for a Worf's trekkie homage:

"Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
                          Notice it makes no mention of holding a bass. LOL!
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	0hJOYZ9.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	2447153

Comment

Working...
                          X