Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1986...what a great year in music. I hadn't heard the title track from VH's 5150 album in a while and it immediately brought back memories of that summer which was one of the best in my life, got me to thinking just what a great year that was for music - here are a few I had or still have on some form of vinyl, cd, or cassette:

Metallica - Master of Puppets
    Van Halen - 5150
    AC/DC - Who Made Who soundtrack
    Iron Maiden - Somewhere In Time
    Ozzy - The Ultimate Sin
    Judas Priest - Turbo ....ummmm, well...
    David Lee Roth - Eat 'Em And Smile
    Motorhead - Orgasmatron
    Yngwie Malmsteen - Trilogy
    Sepultura - Morbid Visions
    SRV - Live Alive
    Dark Angel - Darkness Descends
    Vinnie Vincent Invasion - VVI
    Cinderella - Night Songs
    Megadeth - Peace Sells...
    And last but not least - Slayer - Reign In Blood

sigpic
    Action Jackson

Comment

Oh man, time flies! 1986... Loved those years!
      JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
      Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

1986??? unfortunately I was just reaching puberty and couldn't get my head far enough out of the girls asses to hear any music.
        I like black and white guitars

Comment

Those were the days - melodic, heavy, and real music. Also the year I got my first custom Jackson.

Comment

The best!!!
            "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
            I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

1986 was awesome!!

Comment

I was 15 in 1986! Damn. Where did that time go. Some great music was being made in the mid/ late 80's. Miss those days!!

Comment

I was 17 and listened to all those, saw Metallica, oozy, priest, maiden tours

And Reckless off of Priest's Turbo kicks ass
                  Jackson KV2
                  Jackson KE1T
                  Jackson KE1F
                  Jackson SL1

Comment

Saw Bon Jovi and Cinderella on the Slippery When Wet tour that year. I didn't really know Bon Jovi's stuff at the time, but I was a big Cinderella fan. Seeing them live was awesome for an 11 year old kid!

Comment

Originally posted by Larz View Post
                      oozy,
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I believe there will be parties in 2016 to celebrate the 30th anniversary of 1986. I'm going to begin to make preparations for mine shortly.

Comment

I..

I was born too damn late.

Comment

I was a high school senior in 86. God, I fucking love that year.
                            MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Just about in the middle, just past my best memories of Rock living a revival after the Disco years.
                              My HS graduation was 1981 and there was a lot to celebrate as rock came back in style.
                              Unfortunately I was seeing the same commercial damage that turned R&B into disco!
                              Along with all the good I somehow focused on the bad...and hair metal erupted and confirmed my feelings.

Funny how the same thing has enveloped "Country Music".

I can look back now and enjoy what I missed.
                              At least I went to a lot of the shows and that can't be changed.
                              JP, Maiden, Scorpions, Riot, Rainbow, etc...
                              Good times!

Comment

Working...
                              X