No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Codex View Post
    Saw Bon Jovi and Cinderella on the Slippery When Wet tour that year. I didn't really know Bon Jovi's stuff at the time, but I was a big Cinderella fan. Seeing them live was awesome for an 11 year old kid!
    saw that tour Cinderella kicked as live!!
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Saw BJ for a girl (of course, wouldn't go on my own...) on the New Jersey tour (I guess).
      Vivian Campbell opened and...sucked AFAIK.

Good payback though, she took me to see Rush Counterparts later on.

Comment

Cruising in a '67 Mustang, getting stoned with my friends, cranking ACDC. That's what comes to mind when I think of '86.
        In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

I had a '68 Charger that year.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

86 was the time I gave up the fluorescent surf shorts & skateboard for denim & guitar because i'd heard Somewhere In Time.

I still enjoy a bit of Aha & Mr Mister but I need a daily dose of metal to get my fix \m/

Comment

I was in junior high in 1986, and Somewhere in Time was my first real exposure to Iron Maiden. I've been a fan ever since. I remember trickling into a local record store with some friends and finding a Maiden picture disc that I promptly bought. To this day I've seen Maiden more times than any other band. I also found an Anthrax "spreading the Disease" pciture disc there that I bought on a whim after someone recommended to me, and liked it after hearing it a couple of times. Then a few years later Maiden would tour with Anthrax, which was awesome even though my seat sucked.

Don't laugh or get too disgusted, but at that age, I liked Turbo. Hearing it again not too long ago, I can't figure out why. Probably the Mad Max-apocalypse video with cheesy motorcycles.

I wasn't impressed with Ozzy, and didn't get impressed with him until a short time later when I would discover Randy Rhoads. I wouldn't give a shit about anything new he did until Zakk came around, and still to this day I still think his guitarists had a bigger hand in his success than he himself did.

Comment

Originally posted by Sephiroth View Post
                I was in junior high in 1986, and Somewhere in Time was my first real exposure to Iron Maiden. I've been a fan ever since. I remember trickling into a local record store with some friends and finding a Maiden picture disc that I promptly bought. To this day I've seen Maiden more times than any other band. I also found an Anthrax "spreading the Disease" pciture disc there that I bought on a whim after someone recommended to me, and liked it after hearing it a couple of times. Then a few years later Maiden would tour with Anthrax, which was awesome even though my seat sucked.Don't laugh or get too disgusted, but at that age, I liked Turbo. Hearing it again not too long ago, I can't figure out why. Probably the Mad Max-apocalypse video with cheesy motorcycles.I wasn't impressed with Ozzy, and didn't get impressed with him until a short time later when I would discover Randy Rhoads. I wouldn't give a shit about anything new he did until Zakk came around, and still to this day I still think his guitarists had a bigger hand in his success than he himself did.
                I was in junior high in 86, too - saw Maiden on the Somewhere In Time tour, my stepdad and I had drug my mom to Powerslave but weren't able to get her to go with us to that one hahaha! Hell, I admit, I liked Turbo back then, too - I still like a few tracks off that album, got the vinyl in my collection of old albums and gave it a spin this past Christmas, hadn't heard those songs in a long time. It is crazy how time has flown, it really seems like just yesterday but then you think about how much things have changed and not for the better makes me wish I was back in the 80s.

This song always reminds me of that summer, used to play the hell out of that album, was a big Sammy Hagar fan before he joined VH and it was pretty cool to hear him teamed-up with one of my favorite guitarists, never bought a VH album after that one, though.
                Last edited by watson503; 05-13-2013, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Codex View Post
                  Saw Bon Jovi and Cinderella on the Slippery When Wet tour that year. I didn't really know Bon Jovi's stuff at the time, but I was a big Cinderella fan. Seeing them live was awesome for an 11 year old kid!

Back then I heard from lots of people that before the days of "fattening" sound with pre-recorded music, earphones to keep everyone in sync, and all the other shit to serve as live sefety nets to keep bands sounding good that we have now, Bon Jovi was a terrible live band.

Is that true? I never bothered seeing them live.

Comment

I went to the Bon Jovi/Cinderella tour myself, but if I recall correctly, I left about 2 songs in to BJ's set.
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Year we lost Cliff Burton sept. 27 1986. (R.I.P) Also the year we lost Metallica, best part of Metallica was in their ex-bass players.

Comment

Originally posted by buds4u View Post
                        Also the year we lost Metallica, best part of Metallica was in their ex-bass players.
                        durp durp durp

sigpic
                        Action Jackson

Comment

Working...
                        X