RnR HOF 2013 - RUSH got in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RnR HOF 2013 - RUSH got in

Old news, I'm sure, since it was back in April. Watched it last night on HBO. After suffering through the endless racist comments from Quincy Jones and Chuck D(ouche), they finally got around to inducting RUSH (or as Neil called it - "indicting" )

Alex Lifeson's speech was the best speech ever given for anything in the history of the world.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Hall of fame is a joke. It is simply a "what's hot what's not" list from a teenaged girl named Jan Wenner.

Comment

Just the fact that Chuck D was inducting anyone into the RnR HoF should tell you all you need you know.
      In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Comment

Here's how you get into most hall of fames

-have at least given 'some sort of contribution/effort' towards the art for which you will be inducted
          -be voted on by a commision
          -pay a fee for the induction

You can't get around #1, for that you'll need to be 'known/acknowledged'
          #3 is just a matter of money
          #2 is either a matter of money or pressure from important people/groups
          "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

I was happy as long as the RRHOF continued to prove their own irrelevancy by ignoring Rush.

Now that it's done though, it was GREAT to have Foo Fighters induct them.
            The tribute was awesome!

Comment

Jan Wenner and his lackeys...what a crock the Hall is. I'm still trying to grasp what Grand Master Flash, Donna Summer, PE, and the other various cRap/r&b acts have to do with rock and roll, there'd be all kinds of outcry if things were the other way around.

Comment

I'm surprised no one has started their own group. His awful magazine is dying, and unlike the MLB HoF or NFL, they don't have the rights to anything. Those twits don't own rock. Apparently they don't even like it.

Comment

Oh well, may as well turn it back around on them: Fight The Power (or the abuse of it by an overly-vocal minority who think they're oppressed as they drive around in Escalades and have more bling than I have guitars - and I actually work a job rather than bitch about having one, and then blame someone else for my own laziness).
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                  X