X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ray Manzarek RIP

sigpic
    Action Jackson

All I can say is wow! Another tragic loss for the entire world. I never met anyone that didn't like The Doors. R.I.P.
    In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

i don't know Cowboy, alot of people on this board have tunnel hearing when it comes to music, it's 'heavy metal" or nothing with most.
      Talk about a band with an unmistakeable signature sound and great songs. We're all getting up there in age people, and we're all just passing through this world.
      so long Ray, hang out with Jon Lord now and trade licks.
      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Not a fan. Pretentious and silly- and yes, coming from a metal head that is saying something.

That said, in high school we had a woods drinking spot we called Roman Wilderness of Pain.

they do have a few tunes I like and of course RIP.

Comment

Never a big fan but they have been playing a lot of their music on the radio the last day or so and they did have some good tunes. I never knew that they didn't have a bass player and it was Manzarek with the keyboards. It's pretty cool when you go back and listen to what this guy could do.

Comment

Typical keyboardist syndrome: "who needs a bass player?"

Surprised that Krieger stayed, considering he was redundant as well.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
              Typical keyboardist syndrome: "who needs a bass player?"

Surprised that Krieger stayed, considering he was redundant as well.
              they have so many incredible songs. end of story.
              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Working...
              X