Ngd!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ngd!

Well, mostly. Haven't seen a NGD posted here for a while, so here's mine.

Here's the build list for anyone interested:
    Colt CAR-A3 reg'd receiver (yeah, California sucks, but no bullet-button needed here!)...
    LMT CQB MRP Gas Piston upper
    LMT Front Sight / MATECH Rear
    Magpul CTR/MIAD/MOE
    Aimpoint H1 / ARMS mount
    Troy Single Point Sling

The only thing I'm really missing is an Aimpoint magnifier, still debating if I even want one, but I know I'd be happy if I had it.

Feel free to call me an idiot, but I really like the LMT Front + MATECH combo with the Aimpoint. The MATECH rear sight has a small profile so if it's up when I'm using the H1 it doesn't bother me so much, but it easily flips down without having to press an additional button like the Troy, etc... I'll likely upgrade to the MBUS Pro when released...

Oh, and it's got a 20 rounder in it instead of a 30 because 20 rnders > 30. 10 bullets don't make much of a difference, but ground clearance is superior. :P

Oh, and here's parts for my next build.
    Last edited by xenophobe; 05-26-2013, 07:25 PM.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

ARMS Mount? *sigh* It's LaRue Tactical all the time...didn't you get the memo?

I like the MATECH too, but they get bashed a lot by the Troy/Magpul/Knight's fanbois. I've never had an issue with my Matech BUIS, or my MagPul MBUIS for that matter.

Nice stick!

Comment

Yeah, I know everyone hates on ARMS. I've owned a number of their mounts over the decades and I've never had any issue. Return to true isn't all that important on a 3 mil red dot, for it's intended purpose the mount is as good as any. And, fwiw, removing and replacing it doesn't affect absolute cowitness at all.

Comment

Sweet, but it needs a floyd
        Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
          “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

Damn... I knew I was forgetting something!

Comment

Looks nice! I was starting to wonder what happened to our gun threads. Congrats!
              Rudy
              www.metalinc.net

Comment

I just picked up a Glock G19C. Must be someting in the air.-Lou
                " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

But to recess or not recess...that is the question

Awesome rifle!

Comment

Originally posted by LouSiffer View Post
                    I just picked up a Glock G19C. Must be someting in the air.-Lou
                    We need pix then
                    Rudy
                    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Very nice! Just don't put a Kahler on it, that would totally kill the collectors value down the road...

Comment

Sweet Xeno!! I love and own many guns. Thank the Lord so far PA is pretty gun friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                          Yeah, I know everyone hates on ARMS. I've owned a number of their mounts over the decades and I've never had any issue. Return to true isn't all that important on a 3 mil red dot, for it's intended purpose the mount is as good as any. And, fwiw, removing and replacing it doesn't affect absolute cowitness at all.
                          As an unfortunate end user of ARMS mounts with no say in the matter, I personally have found every product I've ever used from them to break under any form of actual abuse.

It's not remount to zero: it's their cheap materials used and the cast manufacturing. LaRue are forged and I have never seen a LT QD lever break. I've broken the ARMS levers on a 553 twice in 9 months.

It's like the EOTech users who have never had a problem, but the 10,000 of us who have broken them with moderate use isn't the voice of reason enough to ditch them. "Not yet" is exactly that: not yet.

Good choice on the Micro, though. My H-1 is on its original battery and never been turned off in over 2 years.

Comment

Hmm... I've had the SPR mount, the M14 mount and now the H1 mount as well as various other bits over the years. The M1A mount got some abuse, but the rest... didn't. I'm not in the military anymore, so I'm a bit more careful with my personal equipment. I have decided to buy the 3x aimpoint so I may have to upgrade to a different mount as the ARMS lever does stick to the rear a bit... or I could flip it.

This is basically a fun toy that I may take a couple of tactical classes with. This kind of stuff wasn't around when I was in though. My duty rifle was a M16A2 with M203 and I had no problem with MOUT training using it. And to hell if I would ever give up my M203. If I were in a free state, I'd still have one. lol

I picked the Micro because I've never really been a fan of the ACOG or EOTechs. I don't like the full size aimpoints either for that matter, but oddly I loved my 1st Gen Elcan DR even though most people don't like them, but it had too many issues. It wasn't on a M4 pattern rifle... I couldn't imagine that being any good.

I would have died to have something like my current build when I was in. But it's not like I saw combat or anything. My unit had orders but didn't get sent because we didn't get our Bradleys in time. I was actually at Ft Benning in AIT when Desert Shield turned into Desert Storm.

Comment

The SpecterDR would be the only glass I would use if not for the external adjustments and the ARMS mount. I love the concept, but of course Elcan dropped the ball with the mount.

Not knocking the build at all, brother. Just passing my opinion of ARMS. I have the good fortune of having access to a slightly higher budget than a typical line Company, so I don't have a lot of the equipment shortcomings that go with it.

And if my M4 were as nice as my BCM, I'd never have a single complaint.

I miss my 203 as well. The new 320's are awesome if you supplement them properly. Attached to an M4 is full retard, but stand alone with the buttstock and you can nail an open window first shot at 350m, day or night. The problem is a lot of units have SOPs that M320's be attached underbarrel and a lot of TL's let their Joes take off the Day/Night Sight because of their lack of common sense and combat experience.
                              Last edited by DRM; 05-31-2013, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X