Ngd!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Razor View Post
    Very nice! Just don't put a Kahler on it, that would totally kill the collectors value down the road...
    Since I like Kahlers as well as guns you can just send it to me if a Kahler makes its way on there
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

NICE!!! I just recently picked up an S&W M&P 15 Sport. Looks pretty plain compared to your build there. But I'm getting ready to start the customizations...Looking for a decent quad rail at a good price and optics that won't break the bank.

My best investment so far has been a StripLULA spped loader....Loving that with the 10 round stripper clip bulk ammo I got.

I have 2 30 round mags but usually just load up 10rds at the range. My eyes ain't so good anymore so I like to fire 5 -10 rds and then get out the binocs to make sure I'm hitting what I'm aiming at.
      Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Killer build! I sold all my AR 15's for extra cash, but damn it, I'm itching to get another one! I found a place in Washington that's selling new AR's with a case and 30rd mag for $750 and $30 shipping to anywhere in the U.S.

I seriously doubt I can build another for cheaper than that...
        Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
        Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

Originally posted by DRM View Post
          The SpecterDR would be the only glass I would use if not for the external adjustments and the ARMS mount. I love the concept, but of course Elcan dropped the ball with the mount.

The ARMS mount is fine, IMO. lol The external adjustments are what kills it for me. It was nice as bench gun with 20" match barrel, but I wouldn't want one for a cqb rifle.

I miss my 203 as well. The new 320's are awesome if you supplement them properly. Attached to an M4 is full retard, but stand alone with the buttstock and you can nail an open window first shot at 350m, day or night. The problem is a lot of units have SOPs that M320's be attached underbarrel and a lot of TL's let their Joes take off the Day/Night Sight because of their lack of common sense and combat experience.
          The m320 just looks way too bulky and yeah, I wouldn't put a grenade launcher on any cqb rifle. If I could build my "dream build", it would just be a Colt M16A4 with a 203.

Originally posted by Jack The Riffer View Post
          NICE!!! I just recently picked up an S&W M&P 15 Sport. Looks pretty plain compared to your build there. But I'm getting ready to start the customizations...Looking for a decent quad rail at a good price and optics that won't break the bank.
          I had one of the M&P 15T's when they first came out... Troy free float and sights and the Elcan DR. It was a nice rifle and was fairly accurate... dime sized 10 shot groups with a flier or two with M855.

Originally posted by Maiden89 View Post
          Killer build! I sold all my AR 15's for extra cash, but damn it, I'm itching to get another one! I found a place in Washington that's selling new AR's with a case and 30rd mag for $750 and $30 shipping to anywhere in the U.S.

I seriously doubt I can build another for cheaper than that...
          Thanks! Yeah, that's definitely a good price.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
            The ARMS mount is fine, IMO. lol
            Until you bang it on cover or a doorframe and it breaks the cheap cast aluminum they're made of. I don't know why Elcan didn't design the DR with an interchangeable mount...their other Specter's are compatible with any COTS mount available for ACOGs. SOCOM publish requirements for QD, but then drop the ball when they didn't listen to the end users who have said "this brand sucks" for almost 20 years.

Nothing's more confidence inspiring than opening your M1950 and your optic is broken off because the levers broke on the landing. Or it won't even fit on your weapon because the mount is out of spec and you can't adjust it. That's a more common problem than many people notice, but it's the kinda stuff you see when you have to handle hundreds at a time.

And this is my recent entry to the family...BCM 16" middy w/ DD RIS II. Just got back from zeroing it and breaking it in with a few hundred rounds. Shoots and handles well, I like it so far. I'm saving for a Short Dot and then I'll be totally satisfied.

Comment

And of course a fresh helping of Krylon now that I know it works.

Comment

Originally posted by DRM View Post
                Until you bang it on cover or a doorframe and it breaks the cheap cast aluminum they're made of. I don't know why Elcan didn't design the DR with an interchangeable mount...their other Specter's are compatible with any COTS mount available for ACOGs. SOCOM publish requirements for QD, but then drop the ball when they didn't listen to the end users who have said "this brand sucks" for almost 20 years.

Nothing's more confidence inspiring than opening your M1950 and your optic is broken off because the levers broke on the landing. Or it won't even fit on your weapon because the mount is out of spec and you can't adjust it. That's a more common problem than many people notice, but it's the kinda stuff you see when you have to handle hundreds at a time.
                And I've sold and installed dozens of sets of ARMS mounts and rings going back to the time when they were one of the only options available for anything. I've never had a customer come back and break one, regardless of all the hate they receive. I haven't handled hundreds, but I've probably installled 50 or 60 so units on M!A's and SPR builds and have never had a customer come back with an issue and a few of them went overseas to play. That doesn't mean that some people don't break them, but everyone acts like they're gonna break of fall off just installing them. That's just silly.

They're like the opposite of what you just posted, BCM. They can do no wrong, even when they do, it's just not humanly possible, so everyone dismisses it as user error. I can hand pick all the individual parts, give them to my armorer/gunsmith and he can build me something as nice and reliable or better for less. But I'm lucky, most people don't know gunsmiths like him. He services local government class 3 stuff, builds gatling guns on his manual Bridgeport and could probably fake Colt SAAs or 1911s from scratch if he wanted to.

Don't get me wrong, BCM's attention to detail in a build is hard to match, they're better than most. They're definitely on my short list of what I would recommend to buy but they're over-hyped by the kool-aide crowd almost as badly as ARMS is hated. Talking about god-like status... I was stocking Noveske before most gun people even knew who John was, RIP. I always loved how epic his work was compared to everyone else.. he put a lot of soul into his products.

Sweet build! I was going to go for a sopmod stock, but nobody locally had one and I'm too worried about buying an airsoft fake off ebay... I just wanted to get my build done. What is that, a torch and a ? Better picture of your pressure pad and wiring, if you can.

And this is my recent entry to the family...BCM 16" middy w/ DD RIS II. Just got back from zeroing it and breaking it in with a few hundred rounds. Shoots and handles well, I like it so far. I'm saving for a Short Dot and then I'll be totally satisfied.

Comment

Updated a bit... and swapped the H1-ARMS which is going on my KSG when it arrives for a T-1-Larue mount and added some other bits (BAD, Raptor and Troy ambi selector)... now all I'm waiting for is the 3x aimpoint magnifier:

BTW, I really hate the Magpul single point sling plate. I bought it because that's the only one I could find locally... Overcomplicated, little detent block that you can lose which is terribly difficult to install... should have just bought a simple one...

Last edited by xenophobe; 06-09-2013, 06:15 PM.

Comment

LaRue makes baby Jesus happy.

Comment

Also, look into the Midwest Industries receiver sling mounts. They make a good product.

Comment

As for my rifle, that is a Surefire Scout/LDI dBal i2 combo. The pressure switch has one button for the light, the other for the IR laser.

Comment

Ah, that's what that is. Thought it was a PEQ at first but realized it didn't look right.

Yeah, any single/double loop type sling mount would work just fine... I grabbed the magpul off the shelf locally, so I didn't really have the choice. It does work fine, it was just a bitch to get the little tang in that centers the extension on the plate.

I really like the Raptor charging handle, it's my first experience with it... the whole surface area of both sides pivots and it has a lot of grip compared to the PRI or BCM... it feels like a more elegant solution.

Comment

A guy at work has a Raptor on his personal AR and loves it. I've been running either PRI or Badger Ord latches on regular CH's for years. I seal the gap between the CH/receiver with a thin strip of silicone and that works great to prevent blowback. I also found out through shearing a roll pin twice that I need to change that part out every 3-4 months to make sure the latch doesn't decide to fly away.

I'm way behind the times I guess.

Comment

The dbal is a place sitter while I save for a PEQ-15 or LA-5, if I can ever find one.

Comment

Working...
                              X