Suicidal Angels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suicidal Angels

I just stumbled-upon this band today - Suicidal Angels out of Greece. I'm an old thrash/speed metal fan and there really isn't much, if any, metal out these days I can get into - definitely worth checking out, especially if you are an old Slayer fan.

These are their two latest albums:

yeah I know them I'm from Greece...they were playing at my local town visiting us with a 2 day festival but I just went there the first day and the second I couldn't make it.By the way their favorite band is Slayer i think....they've also done some shows at Mexico.. they've been doing well

Comment

I'm sure they will be over the moon at you posting their albums in their entirety, no need for me to buy them now, is there?
      So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

if you want to buy them go on and do it ....I don't think this post can stop you from doing so, if someone wants to find them in the net its pretty easy

Comment

Maybe I will, because I'm an upstanding, honest type of chap. No, really! I just think that being able to download full albums, for nothing, might not hurt Lars Ulrich et al, but it certainly does new bands very few favours, especially if they have no major label money to keep them afloat.

There are plenty of people who would be more than happy to just download these, without a single twinge of their conscience and those poor Greeks will never see a Drachma (you know it's coming back!), and I imagine they don't get to go on many lucrative world tours. They'll be burning their guitars to keep warm in next winter!

There are plenty of pics of kids being fucked on the net too. Directing people to them, even though they would probably be able to find them anyway if they chose to, is still not cricket, is it?

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
            Maybe I will, because I'm an upstanding, honest type of chap. No, really! I just think that being able to download full albums, for nothing, might not hurt Lars Ulrich et al, but it certainly does new bands very few favours, especially if they have no major label money to keep them afloat.

There are plenty of people who would be more than happy to just download these, without a single twinge of their conscience and those poor Greeks will never see a Drachma (you know it's coming back!), and I imagine they don't get to go on many lucrative world tours. They'll be burning their guitars to keep warm in next winter!

There are plenty of pics of kids being fucked on the net too. Directing people to them, even though they would probably be able to find them anyway if they chose to, is still not cricket, is it?
            Ummm...they have their full albums posted on their official FB page with the words "SHARE" in bold letters... I don't think they would have a problem with this.

https://www.facebook.com/SuicidalAngels?fref=ts

Comment

Originally posted by watson503 View Post
              Ummm...they have their full albums posted on their official FB page with the words "SHARE" in bold letters...

DOH !!!!!!

Pretty cool sounding, thanks for sharing
              Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Cool.

Watson503, there's a young, Danish band called Essence that play a bit of the same style. Maybe you'll like them. They just released their second album, I think.

Comment

[QUOTE=Rsmacker;1570748
                  There are plenty of people who would be more than happy to just download these, without a single twinge of their conscience and those poor Greeks will never see a Drachma (you know it's coming back!),[/QUOTE]
                  yeah maybe its coming back!!!
                  although I think that the Greek bands nowadays know the fact that there are no money for people to spare so easy(not a big problem, many people buy cd's) and the bands focus on giging.....inside the country, they believe the money should come from the merchandise......I hope there are people to buy the albums that come out, but the factor to judge a band as being a good one, is what they do when playing live, thats why this situation may lead all of us to pay attention to this side of a band(don't want to imply that people didn't care about it from the start) ....its heavy metal it was born to be played live...

Comment

Originally posted by watson503 View Post
                    Ummm...they have their full albums posted on their official FB page with the words "SHARE" in bold letters... I don't think they would have a problem with this.

https://www.facebook.com/SuicidalAngels?fref=ts

Ha ha, oh well, "DOH!" indeed, fuck it then!

Perhaps I'm just not "down with the kids", all this Facebook bollocks and giving away full current albums. When I were a lad, and all this was fields, we used to give away tapes and then CDs with just 3 or 4 tracks on, recorded and produced to the best of our budget, in the hope someone would furnish us with a pile of loot so we could record and market an album properly, and then people would buy and enjoy it. Nobody had the patience to listen to more than 4 tracks from an unknown band's demo. Once we'd coughed up for the album though, we listened to every fucking note and read every word on the sleeve.
                    I guess it's an illustration of how our consumption of music has changed. Now you get the lot, listen to it once and if it doesn't grab you instantly, it doesn't matter, it was free anyway. No need to waste time playing it to see if it grows on you.

Sadly, I think this band will sink before they even get a good launch off the starting blocks. Personally, I consider that giving away your latest couple of LPs is like cumming in your pants when Elle McPherson has begged you to sodomise her. You've finished before you have started.

How can they create a buzz, make me want to go and see them (and make it profitable for them) ? I'm pretty sure that they aren't going to play live in any fashion that I haven't seen before. Just another thrash band, seen hundreds, they won't do anything different to Slayer/Kreator/Mortal Sin etc etc back in the day.

Thinking of the last CDs I bought, they were a result of hearing stuff on Pandora, single tracks. Just those odd tracks were enough of a taste to make me seek out several bands and BUY their CDs.

Hey, but what do I know, those Greek fellows are probably experts on good Economics, just like their governments!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Perhaps I'm just not "down with the kids", all this Facebook bollocks and giving away full current albums.
                      It is pretty common nowadays. These guys know that no matter what they do, anyone can download their music with the click of a button anyway - they know that very well because they grew up doing it themselves - so they are being the good guys and offering it themselves to their fans. They know that their money is in gigs and merchandise, not a big recording deal - this isn't the 90's anymore

Fans have also changed; they often make a point of supporting bands they like, especially kids with disposable income. Note that Suicidal Angels also have their catalogue for sale on itunes - the same songs that they are linking to for free. It is not uncommon at all for people to buy them, once a band has a solid fanbase. They are often the same fans who donate to videogame developers and buy games they know fully well they can pirate, pay for the ad-free version of apps, and support wacky or meaningful projects on kickstarter.

You still need to be good at making music and enchanting the crowd... that hasn't changed. You still need to dedicate and work your ass off if you want to actually make money with this model too - that hasn't changed either! Some say that this is the modern equivalent of trading tapes (I still don't think anything can replace the crush mix tape & sleeve doodles... heh) but really who cares, if it works for them all is good, and if it doesn't work for them it works for others. The big record companies are no longer the 800 pound gorillas, indie- and self-publishing are giving them a real run for their money (musicians are also making more money!) and it is only going to get worse.

Comment

When I were a lad, and all this was fields, we used to give away tapes and then CDs with just 3 or 4 tracks on, recorded and produced to the best of our budget, in the hope someone would furnish us with a pile of loot so we could record and market an album properly, and then people would buy and enjoy it.
                        As a young teenager in the early 80's I remember tape trading to be a huge thing and in many cases the only way to hear unsigned/small label-distribution bands. This worked out pretty well for some bands most notably Metallica with the 'No life to leather' demo... It helped to create a buzz that would greatly help some bands, of course many didn't see a huge level of success from this and fell by the wayside. Of course things today are completely different with digital media and the interwebz, no need for a band to press 5,000 copies and hope to recoup the costs. Home recording has also grown by leaps and bounds, to where a meager budget can produce relatively good results vs. expensive studio time.

How can they create a buzz, make me want to go and see them (and make it profitable for them) ? I'm pretty sure that they aren't going to play live in any fashion that I haven't seen before. Just another thrash band, seen hundreds, they won't do anything different to Slayer/Kreator/Mortal Sin etc etc back in the day.
                        You're 100% right, but I'm pretty sure the target audience for thrash/metal is a wee bit younger and may not have seen the grandfathers of thrash.

Thinking of the last CDs I bought, they were a result of hearing stuff on Pandora, single tracks. Just those odd tracks were enough of a taste to make me seek out several bands and BUY their CDs.
                        Unless they own their material or have incredibly good contracts this is more than likely a small source of revenue. Certainly a noble attitude though.

Hey, but what do I know, those Greek fellows are probably experts on good Economics, just like their governments!

Hell I was just busting your chops anyway.... Carry on

A young Thrash band I'm digging from Finland is Lost Society, y'all might want to check them out ~

Comment

Don't want to cause anger to you people but If you think that the problem is economical you'd better rethink the situation.The problem is ethical and its coming for all of us sooner or later and please do not compare the Greek citizents with those guys up in the goverment cause we differ a lot. they have sold our country many many years ago with their secret deals.Ok they are people they have mistaken , they have doomed my country but why don't they do something to get us out of there?......something is going up there and of course its not our people ( maybe it wasn't from the start ) that govern us anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by vampire dark View Post
                            Don't want to cause anger to you people but If you think that the problem is economical you'd better rethink the situation.The problem is ethical and its coming for all of us sooner or later and please do not compare the Greek citizents with those guys up in the goverment cause we differ a lot. they have sold our country many many years ago with their secret deals.
                            Very few governments actually represent the common man, so far the only government that has tried (from what info I can find) is Iceland ~ Because they bailed out the people and not the banks.... The good ole USA is just getting ready for economic woes and most folks have no idea here.

I was just chops busting because of the low brow humor level in the original comment.....

Comment

Working...
                            X