How do you know when a band is done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clifffclaven View Post
    Yep. Playing covers can be very lucrative if approached correctly. That being said, it has to be fun. No fun=done.
    last couple of years, we've really only played closed gigs (functions, seminar dinners, private school fundraisers, etc) & been paid quite well for it. Don't gig as often, but we're not breaking down at 2am in a pub crowded with pissed idiots either. Pays enough to buy gear & we have a good time. Couldn't ask for much more (playing more often would be awesome)
    Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post
    Multi-instrumentalists piss me off.
    the other guitarist plays a simple harmonica riff on one song. The crowd thinks he is amazing!
    Last edited by VitaminG; 06-13-2013, 09:41 PM.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

I don't mind someone who CAN play multiple instruments as long as they know WHEN to do so. It can be quite handy to have that flexibility at times as long as the person's ego doesn't get involved.
      In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Thanks guys. I'll have to look for another drummer, they're a bit tough to come by without "issues" around here, but it's worth it. I'll have to figure out a way to do this but, we have a fairly big gig coming up for a big bike ride that runs across Iowa every year. I hope he doesn't throw one. I'll be happy if he doesn't and wait for it to happen later, but I'm thinking it'll happen. Some things wrong. When we first started, it was a lot of fun and that's what it should be. Once again, thank you guys,
        I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

You answered your own question in the first few sentences. The band is done when it's no longer fun! Another really big tip off is when you find yourself dreading to go to rehearsal or even doing a gig.

Comment

Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post
            Multi-instrumentalists piss me off.
            Does bass count? I play bass on "Under the Boardwalk".
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
            X