My Saturday thus far 2054 edt 7-6-13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Saturday thus far 2054 edt 7-6-13

Bout to get medieval on someone's custom shop Strat with 320 grit sand paper and pink eraser.

Just a routine polish.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

when I opened the first pic, I thought "why the hell you taking sandpaper to that thing? It looks pristine!" And then I saw the second pic
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Taping that damn thing off was 2/3rds the battle. The polish only took like 10 minutes tops. It took almost 30 minutes taping off the fretboard. After that it was a light rub with the sand paper with hardly any pressure(mostly just to quickly remove the tarnish), then wipe off, then buffed with the eraser and finally the frets got scrubbed with rubbing alcohol to get rid of the eraser residue. It's my own special recipe for sustaining pinch harmonics. It cleans the frets, shines them a bit but leaves a semi satin finish to them. I can pinch harmonic and wiggle the string and the pinch harmonic will sustain the entire length of time the string sustains instead of killing the harmonic.

Its my theory that the semi rough surface kind of acts like a bow on a violin. Whether that's what's happening or not I don't know, I just know it works.

Comment

And the reason the rest of the guitar looks pristine is because I cleaned it up first. It looked horrible for a $2000 guitar when I brought it home. This thing sat in the guys closet and before that it looked like it had beer spilled on it. Some people. Anyhow, looks and plays like new now.

Comment

Nice work.
          I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Working...
          X