Through the Never(Meatlica Movie)...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Through the Never(Meatlica Movie)...

After MOP, the downhill trend started. By the time Load came out, I had stopped listening to them all together. Then the laughable St. anger, I tried to like DM(but it didn't stand the test of time on my stereo).

So, this morning I heard the ad for the concert movie(only soundbites from MOP) and I started thinking - hey maybe, just maybe I might like this! Wait WTF in 3d??? The IMAX part, ok cool. BUT why would a concert film be in 3d, because it's a concept film with horses and shit?!?! Way to ruin an opportunity, without question a kick ass concert footage movie could be made..... BUT, Fuggemz :think:
    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

I don't know about the horses and riots, but the concert will probably be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by etepbbb View Post
      I don't know about the horses and riots, but the concert will probably be cool.
      +1! I saw the Big Four concert in a movie theater and had fun watching it. This thing could be cool.
      JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
      Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Cliff Burton...

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
          BUTT Fuggemz
          Fixed!
          "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Looks pretty cool to me. I'll probably check it out.

Comment

So, the story is this little butt-munch, who has been supplied for something particularly gruesome at the after-gig sex party because he looks like Leonardo Di Caprio, is sent out to look for Lars' coke and ID Lube delivery which is stuck somewhere.
              On the road, he has a vehicular encounter with Vince Neil, right outside a Slayer gig, tries to run away, but gets lassooed by the bloke off the "Never Say Die" LP cover (The Assmaster), on a horse, and is so traumatised by the whole event, he decides it's a good idea to dress up like Trayvon and break back into the gig.

Obviously Lars' will be very angry and he can't face the Danish midget giving him a dry humping, but he doesn't want to miss the bit where a roadie falls off the lighting gantry and the band have to play the last number under a light bulb. He suspects that they are cloning roadies (there's no way they can find that many who are willing to die for Metallica every night.) and decides LARS MUST DIIIII-EEEEEE.

Am I right?

I have to say, I prefer the Monkees.
              So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

the monkees whale the ever lovin' piss out of metallica.
                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
                  After MOP,
                  I agree but I still like AJFA. Black was ok, shit city after that.

Metallica is my all time #1 biggest disappointment.

Comment

I know a lot of people complain about the black album, but I thought it was pretty good. They had a great heavy tone and good memorable songs on that one. The other albums after that weren't worth buying. There is two songs from Load or Reload I really like though, "Until it sleeps" and "Crown King Nothing". Besides those two, nothing else they did impressed me.

I don't really get what the movie is about :think: Some guy that runs errands for the band and gets caught in the apocalypse while trying to get in the concert? I'll probably watch it anyway though
                    Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
                    Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

I like load and reload. ..-. ..- -.-. -.- ..-
                      HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Justice was a great album. Black had better songs on it than Enter Sandman and Unforgiven. I don't understand the hate for those 2.

Oh wait, they weren't angry teenagers anymore, and suddenly - after a decade or more of hard work and touring their asses off for 2 years straight in support of their 3 albums - they weren't "the best band only me and my friends knew about".

Plus they had those accursed videos for "One" and stuff.

Yeah, they pussed out and gave their "true fans" the finger.

pfft whatever.

The movie looks fucking stupid, though.
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

If you ask me, Metallica is THE best Metal band there ever was, period. Everybody knows they're huge, and they got huge doing what they wanted, on their own terms. "Justice..." is one of my favourite albums of all time and is a bonafide masterpiece. Everything afterwards is great too, even Load and Reload, those albums get a lot of flak but there's some really killer songs on them.

I don't really understand the point of this movie though and i don't know if i care enough to check it out.
                          It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                          ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

I like everything up til and through Black..after that..they lost track of what they wanted to do I think..tried to please everyone and still do shit they wanted...and it tanked. I respect what they did, but not what they've ended up being.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                              Justice was a great album. Black had better songs on it than Enter Sandman and Unforgiven. I don't understand the hate for those 2.
                              AJFA was a great album, however it completely broke away from where they left off!! The bass was a very important aspect in the songs(I.E. - Orion, For Whom the Bell Tolls, Call Of Chtulu), there was no bass on AJFA. Granted it was an incredible album closer to crossover style than true metal - a masterpiece in it's own right!!!! Just a BIG divergence from MOP, even Garage Days had bass up front in the mix.....

Black, also a very good album just not at all what was expected from Metallifans.. The epic song structures with multiple riffs became streamlined and less intricate, and slower.... also the changing production values gave a more 'sterile' approach to the recording. Sure some was heavy as hell, but it wasn't thrash(not at all)....

To be honest, I went to the load concert even though I didn't bond with the album(I'd seen them about 6 times already)... It was the last concert in the Omni(an Atlanta landmark, the next day they began demolitions). It was a very different feel to it(even compared to the black tour). More space on stage, less band interaction....

I understand bands sometimes change direction, and with the tragic death of Cliff ~ some change was unavoidable. BUT, try to tell me honestly that the same band that wrote "Damage Inc" also wrote "until it sleeps"..... Nah, dog!!!! AND many other people felt that as well.... It didn't have shit to do with they're getting popular or that other people now knew who they were, that's a LOAD right there

ANYWAYS, I'll probably try to sit through the movie but am at a loss as to why they could take an opportunity to really reconnect with the fan base and show some awesome concert footage with crushing songs ~ but decide to water it down with artistic visions of san francisco on a friday night playing dungeons and dragons or whatever form of faggotry this is..........
                              Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Working...
                              X