No announcement yet.

Got my new PC today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm waiting patiently to finish my next deployment so I can upgrade to a real computer. This Vaio's truckin' along after 22 months of Afghan moondust. Hopefully it makes it through the next trip lol

Comment

I can't see running 3 55" tvs, and I can't see going back to smaller monitors, either

I would nerdgasm from it, but can you imagine the heat those would put out?

And I can't tear myself away from my Logitech Marble Mouse. Greatest thing since toilet paper IMO.
      If I can find one in wireless, then I'd be set.
      Last edited by Newc; 08-27-2013, 12:29 AM.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
        I can't see running 3 55" tvs, and I can't see going back to smaller monitors, either
        Yeah, I have a 30" 2560x1600. I used to run a second monitor with it, but it was unnecessary. I couldn't imagine going to a smaller screen. It's also large enough and high res enough that using my 64" Samsung plasma as a computer monitor is a downgrade.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I'm also sitting about 4 feet from it, so that really spoils me. This laptop screen is killing me right now, and forget about a smartphone

There's a note on the wall at werk that someone's selling a 5-month-old 55" flat-screen for $350. I might have to sell a guitar now
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

42" sharp aquos... main tv my tos laptop running things... logitech wireless keyboard that has a mousepad built in.......networked/shared with files from my server.
            went bat shit crazy thinking price over point when it came to server monitor. go big or go home
            came to the conclusion that large monitors are the shit... as an option... but you are limited to 1080 x 1920
            1080 X 5760 is the bomb
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	2447277
            Last edited by len; 08-27-2013, 05:30 PM.
            “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
              The first Rainbow Six
              THIS post made me go find my old Rainbow Six and RS: Rogue Spear CD's, install them, patch them for Win7, and play them for a while. I miss the days when Rainbow Six was actually a game worth playing.

Comment

It pre-sold Gold. I helped

Great game. Shame they never fixed the A.I. Ever.

Comment

Working...
                X