Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you have guitars/amps in multiple rooms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many of you have guitars/amps in multiple rooms?

I'm getting married soon so the fiancee and I have been talking about how the house will be arranged and all that. I have 3 amps and 10 or so guitars. I told her I'm planning on having all the guitars except for 2 in the basement which she is fine with me making all the noise I want down there, but I also want one in the bedroom with a small amp and one in the living room with a small amp. She didn't like these ones in other rooms too much. I told her it was a normal thing - she remains unconvinced.

So how many of you have guitars and amps in multiple rooms?

When I met first met my wife. I had my guitars hanging in my living room in my apartment. When we got serious and she said it was cool and would be fine with that if we lived together, I knew she was a keeper! I have guitars in my main living room, the rec room and my bedroom. I only have amps in the rec room. In the living room I will often plug into the laptop and us GR5 if I want a little shred time...to me....its a given...I'm glad my wife gets it.
    -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

I'd tell her the bedroom one is to serenade her to sleep at night and the living room setup is only temporary . . . when your first child comes and starts crawling you'll have it out of there in a flash!

Mine are all hanging in my office, which doubles as a second tv room / kids play room, and my wife has never had an issue with it. Although now that I think about it, I guess I never really asked . . .

Comment

I can put a guitar &/or amp in any room in my house....not married....& not gonna be!!

Marriage??

Comment

I have a room just for my guitars. Half are hanging on the walls and half of them are in cases.
          I do keep and amp and guitar in the bedroom as well.
          -Rick

Comment

"when your first child comes and starts crawling you'll have it out of there in a flash!"

Fuck that!

When my boy started crawling I had a beat up strat on the floor for him to play with lol....true story..

Seriously though. I would strike a compromise.....
            -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

I've got a guitar and amp rig in both the home office and in the living room. I wanted to hang guitars in the bedroom but the wife didn't like the idea very much.

Comment

I've got all of my gear in a spare bedroom that I call my "studio", but I keep one guitar in the family room. No amp in there though. I typically use it unplugged for practicing scales/patterns while watching TV. On occasion, I'll plug it into my iPad using the Line6 adapter so I don't need to keep a dedicated amp in there.

Comment

My place is a single room open plan flat. Guitars are everywhere. Why would you need any more rooms?
                  You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

I replied to your thread on one of the other forums
                    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by BLOOD SPLATTER View Post
                      I can put a guitar &/or amp in any room in my house....not married....& not gonna be!!

Marriage??

I totally agree. With that said, if you have a basement dedicated for all your guitars and amps, I don't see why it would be a big deal to have a guitar on a stand in the living room and bedroom. It adds pizazz and style to your house. Say, "Listen up! I'm paying for this house and if you don't like my guitars, you can sleep in a tent in the backyard!"
                      Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
                      Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

I keep everything in the "Matt-Cave", since I live with my cripple-hip father

Seriously, this place looks like a miniature music store; 10 guitars hanging on 2 walls (6/4 split), 9 on a stand built for 7, 3 on a neck-hanger, one against the wall in the corner, one against the amp/cab, one in a gigbag leaning against a cabinet full of guitar parts.
                        Then there's the 55" tv on a stand with my 3 Xboxes, cable box, surround sound receiver, 2 shelves in the corners (one housing my desktop PC, the other holding all my games and DVDs), and another shelf by the closet with all my CDs and more DVDs, with a bass leaning against it, my old stereo speakers have been repurposed as front L/R for my surround sound, with my studio monitors on top of them, and my old computer desk/shelf repurposed for misc storage/display (bass amp, MicroCube, etc), a small recliner, a 4-space on top of a 6-space rack on a small wooden table, and my X-15 and M13 and other pedals in the floor, and there's a large-format HP DJ90 printer on my keyboard stand, and the keyboard is on a bookshelf against the wall, plus 2 footlockers on either side of my chair - one holds my laptop and MOTU interface and the other holds my tea glass, cigarette rolling machine, tobacco, and tubes and whatever else I can put on it

With all that said, the one in the living room is excessive, and is there merely to assert yourself as "the guitarist" when her friends/family come to visit.

However, if she convinces you to remove that one, then she'll work on the bedroom. After that, and you're relegated to the basement, it will turn into "you spend all your time down there and I'm up here all by myself", and your gear will dwindle rapidly and the basement will become storage for whatever's in the house that isn't hers, until she needs that storage space for her "other" stuff, and yours moves out to the garage, then into a storage unit across town, then on an episode of Storage Wars.
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by dvscool View Post
                          When I met first met my wife. I had my guitars hanging in my living room in my apartment. When we got serious and she said it was cool and would be fine with that if we lived together, I knew she was a keeper! I have guitars in my main living room, the rec room and my bedroom. I only have amps in the rec room. In the living room I will often plug into the laptop and us GR5 if I want a little shred time...to me....its a given...I'm glad my wife gets it.
                          this was pretty much my situation as well. my wife saw that things were serious with my playing and that I was in a legit band. she thought it all was awesome. I have guitars hanging in the living room as well as a half stack (which is just there for looks!!). I have another amp rig in the living room for me to play through while we watch TV. she's cool
                          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                            I replied to your thread on one of the other forums
                            I guess there is another guy with the same problem, because this is the only place I posted (actually the only guitar message board I am a member of)

Thanks for all the input everybody. I just want to have guitars around so when I want to play, I have one close and ready to go. Ya know?

Comment

I used to have them in every room when I played a lot, I still have one in our bedroom and a couple in my living room/studio.

Comment

Working...
                              X