Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Went on a Gun Binge today lol (shotgun guys step in)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went on a Gun Binge today lol (shotgun guys step in)

So I havent hunted in near 15 years. Fishing guitars cars anything kinda back burnered it since I was a kid. I left most all my guns back in NY with family as living on bases and moving a bunch just was a hassle with multiple weapons.

I have a fairly large collection of shotguns and hand guns back home but not much here. Only saved my single shot 20 gauge and a vintage Ithaca saddle rifle 22 here with me to make sure my family didnt offload my first 2 guns. (long story but my others are safe now)

Anyway my neighbor asked me to come out for opening day of dove season this year; and then 2 other friends invited me out for hogs and other crap. It seems my 3 years of being a hobbit working from home are about over.

Anyway I said ya but decided that a youth 20 gauge wasnt gonna cut it for birds.

So hit up a couple pawn shops today and snagged.

- An Ithaca 20 Gauge Featherweight Bi-centennial jeweled edition in moderate worn condition for get this 250$.

- A Winchester Pigeon Grade O/U 12 Gauge Lightweight Super grade in darn near mint shape for 980 out the door.

- And put a deposit hold on a 1909 Ithaca side x side Pigeon Grade 12 gauge that is in cherry shape.

Wife told me to get something I can hand down to my boys when they get older....

The real smoker is that winchester is worth almost 4 times what I paid for it thru doing some research..and the ithaca is about 3 times that as well.

The Ithaca sxs is just a thing of beauty too loving it...

I figure the wife would have a fit when I got home...and her response was now go get an AR of some sort

Love the ones that support ya!
    Haters gonna hate
    Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

I'm a sucker for old Winchester shotguns. I'll bet that super grade O/U is sweet! Nice scores. I've never owned an O/U or side by side. They're on my list, but still pretty far down.

Congratulations! You certainly picked up some things to hand down!

Comment

Working...
    X