Warning, line 6 are pieces of crap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning, line 6 are pieces of crap

I purchased the g50 transmitter and used it for 1.5 years, treating it like gold. It failed to work and the only thing they will do to stand behind their product is charge me 200 (as it has a 1 year warranty) for a new transmitter. Like any other line 6 I have had, it is garbage. My suggestion is to purchase a Shure instead. I'm am far harder on half my equipment that I have had for years and Line 6 is the only product to fail me.
    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

As an FYI you can extend warranty up to a year by using your CC to purchase and calling them to register it. It's absurdly easy and it's stupid how long it took me to figure that out.

That said...sorry to hear you had a bad experience. I've done ok with their equip but don't use their wireless though my bassist does. 1 year seems to be all the time anyone will stand behind their product these days.....heck, lots do 90 days. Sad.

Comment

Yeah, definitely check with your credit card provider (if you bought it new and paid with a CC).

It's a bummer, but one year is all they guarantee. It'd be nice to see them extend it as a goodwill measure, but they have to draw the line somewhere.

I have a G30 and haven't exactly babied it and it has worked fine for over 3 years.

Comment

Hmmm..The other guitar player in my band beats the CRAP out of his Line6 rig and has never had a problem. My old bass player had the G30 (or the G50 I'm not sure ) and never had a problem. I've never heard of Line6 gear being flaky myself. Shit breaks. It just does. And it was out of warranty. Like, I totally get your frustration having a piece of gear break cause it mad sucks balls. I've had to send back various shit over the years. Some under warranty. Some not. I was pissed as well. but I'm not sure its fair to say Line6 sucks because your wireless broke....but...we are indeed all entitled to an opinion...and mine is....Line6 makes pretty good shit overall....
        -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Any time a product fails after warranty, you're shit out of luck. Some companies won't even talk to you if your product is out of warranty. Better companies will fix or sell you the components to get you up and running. The worst companies will just tell you to buy a new one because the unit isn't worth servicing.

As for Line 6 being crap, yeah, well their tone on a lot of units leaves a lot to be desired, but Line 6 is pretty good for Modern Hi-Gain which is good for Brutal or Technical Death Metal. And for low-volume practice/rehersal/studio learning, their smaller amps are pretty decent. I have one of the 15w Spiders and for my apartment, it sounds decent and only cost $79 or $99 I forget. If it breaks, it just goes into the trash.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

"Line 6 are pieces of crap"

We know
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Yeah and F Chevrolet as well! The 2003 Tahoe we bought new should have had a half dozen recalls but instead we had to eat it in repairs. Power windows failed multiple times. Dash instuments fails (well known on the internet). Break lines on 2000 - 2003 models are rusting through and breaking. I had many new Chevy's before this, but this car soured me and I'll never buy another one. I also have a 2000 vette and it's full of electronic issues.

F Chevy.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                Yeah and F Chevrolet as well! The 2003 Tahoe we bought new should have had a half dozen recalls but instead we had to eat it in repairs. Power windows failed multiple times. Dash instuments fails (well known on the internet). Break lines on 2000 - 2003 models are rusting through and breaking. I had many new Chevy's before this, but this car soured me and I'll never buy another one. I also have a 2000 vette and it's full of electronic issues.

F Chevy.
                My dad worked for GM for 40 years and retired. I was brought up with the knowledge that if it isn't GM, it isn't worth it. Drove nothing but and supported GM products for 18 straight years. It all changed when my wife bought a Toyota Tercel. Fucking thing NEVER broke down....so I bought one, a few years older. Fucking thing NEVER broke down...gave it to my father in law ..and it STILL is on the road with 350k on the odometer. I will never not buy a Japanese car again.
                I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Had an Acura TL I bought new ran it for 250 k miles sold it and still see it on the road every now and then.
                  I never had to do anything but oil changes,brakes and tires.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Mustaine said Line 6 amps were not road worthy in his guitar center sessions interview. I've never owned any of their equipment though. On another note @ Straycat I have an old 1st generation Acura TL that has 478,000 miles on it and it still runs like hell!!!
                    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

After owning crappy GM vehicles throughout the 90s, I swore I would never buy American again. I then owned Subarus and Hondas for the next 11 years. I finally decided to get a brand new Jeep Wrangler thinking that American cars must have gotten better by now. I was wrong. I can't wait for the lease to be up next year so I can give it back. Most likely going with an Acura for my next car - TL or TSX. Maybe They'll announce the TLX by then.

Comment

I went with a 2007 TL Type S. Agree with everyone these are great cars.

Comment

My 1997 Chevy Suburban K2500 w/7.4L is fucking awesome. Both my air conditioners aren't running and I need to replace the dash air control panel, but the truck is a beast. I love it.

I loved my 96 Ford F250 as well.

No matter what brand you choose to like, almost every modern car has severe issues. Go to any brand specific car/truck site. You can probably find a sticky post in each model site and see what the most common issues are.
                          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I have a Line 6 POD X3 Live which is probably the worst money I have ever spent. Besides losing presets randomly, half the time when I use it and go back to it the preset sounds completely different as if it forgot it's own settings. I bought this for recording on my PC (stuff for my friends radio show) and it's been iffy at best. I thought it was just me messing up and a learning curve but the thing is a pile of shit. my DOD setup works so much better and far more reliable. Stomp boxes... sticking with stomp boxes.
                            In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
                              I have a Line 6 POD X3 Live which is probably the worst money I have ever spent. Besides losing presets randomly, half the time when I use it and go back to it the preset sounds completely different as if it forgot it's own settings. I bought this for recording on my PC (stuff for my friends radio show) and it's been iffy at best. I thought it was just me messing up and a learning curve but the thing is a pile of shit. my DOD setup works so much better and far more reliable. Stomp boxes... sticking with stomp boxes.
                              Did you purchase it new or inherit someone else's problems?
                              In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Working...
                              X