No announcement yet.

questionably cheap D'Addarios on Ebay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• questionably cheap D'Addarios on Ebay?

Is it possible these strings are like factory defects or something? How does he make any money with such cheap prices?? Here:

Fell off a truck?
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

They're D'Addarios.....still not worth using at that price!
      www.vvforums.com

Comment

You can buy D'addarios for $3/set all day long if you shop around.

Comment

What Matt B said. I see them on sale a lot.
          I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by tomanyjacksons View Post
            What Matt B said. I see them on sale a lot.
            You can go on Amazon right now and get a 10 pack for $29.99 shipped if you have Amazon Prime.

Comment

or here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/250716740642...84.m1438.l2649

Comment

I buy them in bulk and it equals out to about $2.96 a pack so that's probably how he's doing it.
                This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by shramiac View Post
                  What do you use? I have used Ernie Ball, GHS,Fender Bullets, Gibson, DR, Dean Markley, to name a few and I can honestly say in my opinion that the D'addarios are the best I've used so far. Especially when it comes to string life. The D'addarios out last all other brands I've tried and sound better to my ear as well.
                  This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by shramiac View Post
                    They last longer than Ernie Balls that tend to rust quickly for me. I use D'Addarios on my 7-string guitars these days, and GHS Boomers on everything else.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I actually bought a 2 pack of D'addario's from this same seller and received them yesterday. I received a free Planet Waves 3 pick sampler pack too. Their totally legit. I think I paid $6.99 with free shipping. They came in 2 sealed bags without the stiff paper display box. My guess is that the seller buys these in huge bulk quantities to save on price.

Btw, in the Planet Waves pick sampler pack, there was a new Black Ice pick that I fucking love! I haven't played these small jazz sized picks in a long time, but their great for playing fast and intricate passages.
                      Last edited by Maiden89; 09-09-2013, 02:26 PM.
                      Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
                      Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

I've used D'Addarios since 1988. I've experimented a little bit with other brands, but always go back. They're like grandma's apple pie. There may be better pies out there, but I'll always choose grandma

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                          They last longer than Ernie Balls that tend to rust quickly for me. I use D'Addarios on my 7-string guitars these days, and GHS Boomers on everything else.
                          Boomers tend to die rather quickly on my guitars for some reason or another.

Comment

My strings are better than your strings. lol
                            I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

I watch for deals on D'Addarios. I ended up paying $2.26 per pack for EXL125s (9-46) the last time I ordered. That was buying them in 10 packs from an authorized dealer.

You do have to be a bit careful because there are indeed fake strings out there. I'd be a bit more cautious on Ebay, but as long as you research a seller and know their rep, it should work out fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X