No announcement yet.

questionably cheap D'Addarios on Ebay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SIT are easily the longest lasting strings I've used. D'Addarios never seemed to stay in tune in my humid environment.

Still, at $2.26 a pack though for DAddarios..................
    www.vvforums.com

Comment

Originally posted by shramiac View Post
      SIT are easily the longest lasting strings I've used. D'Addarios never seemed to stay in tune in my humid environment.

Still, at $2.26 a pack though for DAddarios..................
      Never even heard of SIT strings. Not a brand carried in Pgh. At least not at the stores I frequent.
      This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

SIT strings used to be made/sold in Kenmore,Ohio,a suburb of Akron. I honestly don't know if they are "made" there,but there used to be a place in Kenmore called Lay's Guitar Repair that was also a distributor/store front for them. I know this because I've bought them in bulk there,but it's been over a decade ago. Same area Tim "Ripper" Owens is from,he lived right around the corner from my aunt back then.

They have a website and a Facebook page,and their address is now on S Broadway in Akron.

Strings are indeed subjective like neck shape,etc. I always liked SIT's,but prefer Hybrid Slinkys and Blue Steel Custom Lights.

Surely someplace in Pittsburgh has them or can get them,I've even seen them in a couple places in West Tn. Tommy D.
        "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

Perhaps they do but not at any stores I frequent.
          This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

I've used D'Addarios on all my guitars since... mid 90's perhaps. They were always cheap, but they had good string life. A number of other strings initially sound a little better, but they don't last. I love EB 9's, but I always break E strings and they oxidize rather quickly. I used to get them in 10 packs for $20 out the door at GC...
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
              I've used D'Addarios on all my guitars since... mid 90's perhaps. They were always cheap, but they had good string life. A number of other strings initially sound a little better, but they don't last. I love EB 9's, but I always break E strings and they oxidize rather quickly. I used to get them in 10 packs for $20 out the door at GC...
              That's a major steal for name brand strings!

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
                That's a major steal for name brand strings!
                I *used* to get them for that price... for many years actually. I think I pay $26 something for a 10 pack these days like everyone else. But yeah, I loved that $20 for 10 packs, especially when all the other premium strings were only available as single sets or 3 packs... and those 3 packs would be over $10.
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                X