Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9/11 Anniversary

12 years ago, never forget.

Thoughts and prayers for the victims, and their families & friends. RIP.

Hear that!!!
    I like black and white guitars

Comment

I lost 3 close friends. and my town that I grew up in easily could have lost dozens, to forget is impossible.
      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Never forget!!

Comment

Never forget, never forgive.

Comment

I humbly thank all of the first responders and citizens who pulled together that fateful day.Truly a great sense of working together under the worst of terms, showed an amazing strength in the American people. Many didn't walk away that day, and for those who did life had changed.

Prayers for all, never forgive, never forget!!!
            Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by DRM View Post
              Never forget, never forgive.
              My thoughts exactly. Thoughts and prayers are with all those affected by the attacks that day, and those like DRM who served in the sandbox because of it.

Hopefully we'll never let our government take more any of our freedoms in the name of security either!

Comment

I had to werk the day it happened, so I slept through it all. Got up that afternoon and Mom was glued to the tube.

When I got home from werk on the 11th (9-11-13), NBC was running a replay of the Today Show from 9-11-01, so it was like watching it live. I saw the highlights back then, and all the follow-up stuff (more details, etc etc) but watching the replay of how the day unfolded was a completely different experience. The one guy reporting from the Pentagon when it was hit, and no one knowing if it was a bomb or what. The uncertainty of the first plane hitting the tower, with the live cam on the scene when the 2nd one hit. The buildings collapsing while the cameras rolled. The CIA ammo dump in the basement going off. Some dickhead phoning in a bomb threat for the nearby high school. The preliminary reports of 93 going down outside Pittsburgh.

They ran the replay from 7am to 11am, and I sat there glued to it.

My Mom fed 8-hour tapes into the vcr for a week, so we've got most of the coverage on tape.

I've still got a lot of questions about it though, like why, with the economy being down at the time, were they using such large-fuel-capacity jets for so few people? Smaller-tank jets went non-stop from NY to LAX for decades. I'm still not ready to say it was all CIA operatives and day-laborers on the planes, but there's fish afoot.

One of the "statements" Bin Laden released while we were hunting him down also concerns me:
                I'm by no means versed in foreign language, but I do know a few things about linguistics. I know that the English we speak can be traced back through Latin and into Arabic.
                While Bin Laden's audio was playing, they had the translator interpreting it, and there were 2 words that Bin Laden said that were identifiable, and the translator did not repeat them:
                Politica
                Familia

So either he was issuing a command to troops in the field to target politicians and their families, or he was saying that he's being made the scapegoat, either concerning his views on his own wealthy family politics, or by other top political families for whatever reason.

Another thing that bothers me is the "terrorist training/recruitment video" all the "news" channels kept showing. Dressed up in Ninjamas with crash helmets, jumping up out of tiger pits and striking poses. Looked like Afghani Gangsta Rap IMO.

No matter what, though, 9-11-01 sucked. Whoever is ultimately to blame for it - be it Bush, Bin Laden, the Teamsters, the CIA, or the San Francisco 49ers cheerleaders - it was a dick move.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                X